What's new

2020 Draft Homer Picks

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
We still do this every year, right?

Pick a single player you choose as "your guy" or w/e for this draft.

Mine is Jalen Harris.

Jalen Harris
Saint Cy of JFC
Ben Wightman

Jaden McDanials
Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Desmond Bane
Handlogten’s Heros

Malachi Flynn
Prodigy

Cole Anthony
White Chocolate
Homeytennis

Kira Lewis
David Hume

Tyler Bey
Numberica

LaMelo Ball
Hekate

Peyton Pritchard
Lord Bullingdon

Isaac Okoro
Idiot

Xavier Tillman.
Udidthizz
Cptgrnlngs22

Last edited:
Look I get this ain't sexy... I like Desmond Bane a lot. He kinda reminds me of Josh Hart. Not as big but I think he's going to be a better shooter and passer. Worse defender but I think he could be effective against 1s and 2s. If he was on the board in the late teens and early twenties I'd have a hard time passing on him.

CJ Elleby might be my 2nd choice. Something about him that makes me think he'll make it and stick around for a while.

Cole Anthony and Nico Mannion

Both of these guys will 100% outplay their draft position. They are both too talented to get drafted where they’re going to be drafted.

I don't know enough to really homer for people but Tyler Bey and Theo Maledon stick out to me.

The Jazz's needs are something resembling a modern power forward (which has been the case every year since Millsap left), finding a big pass-first guard, and athleticism on the wing (along with the necessary shooting) (since the Jazz either got old white dudes or Royce who is rather pedestrian physically besides his strength).

This is just a thing to put out there, but Joe Ingles is a really special player and the Jazz are going to get significantly worse as he declines because we have nothing in the pipe that will cushion what we lose as that happens. Good passing on a general level is something I'm pretty concerned about.

Cole Anthony and Nico Mannion

Both of these guys will 100% outplay their draft position. They are both too talented to get drafted where they’re going to be drafted.
Nico gonna have a long career.... in Europe.

I am a bad person because when I look at Nico Mannion I notice two things:
-I am physically repulsed by his head.
-I hate his last name. Is he related to the b-ball and broadcasting legend?

That would be his father, Pace.

Yes he is the son of Pace Mannion.

I don't know enough to really homer for people but Tyler Bey and Theo Maledon stick out to me.

The Jazz's needs are something resembling a modern power forward (which has been the case every year since Millsap left), finding a big pass-first guard, and athleticism on the wing (along with the necessary shooting) (since the Jazz either got old white dudes or Royce who is rather pedestrian physically besides his strength).

This is just a thing to put out there, but Joe Ingles is a really special player and the Jazz are going to get significantly worse as he declines because we have nothing in the pipe that will cushion what we lose as that happens. Good passing on a general level is something I'm pretty concerned about.
I think I might switch to Bey. The defense is pretty great and fits so much of what we need. If he can hit spot up shots at 35% he's gold.

I think this exercise is not for the top prospects but LaMelo Ball will end up being the best player in this class.

I even said he’d be better than Lonzo years ago (To which Cy scoffed at). Looking like a solid bet right now.

I think I might switch to Bey. The defense is pretty great and fits so much of what we need. If he can hit spot up shots at 35% he's gold.
If he can shoot well enough to be on the floor, he is a guaranteed NBA impact player. The combination of his size, athleticism, and defensive chops on the perimeter AND at the rim is quite rare. Rudy really needs some help on the perimeter and at the rim against spread offenses, and Bey is built for those situations (ability to recover to and from the rim to the corners).

Last edited:
If he can shoot well enough to be on the floor, he is a guaranteed NBA impact player. The combination of his size, athleticism, and defensive chops on the perimeter AND at the rim is quite rare. Rudy really needs some help on the perimeter and at the rim against spread offenses, and Bey is built for those situations (ability to recover to and from the rim to the corners).
I've decided I want Bane and Bey... make it so DL

LaMelo Ball. I just feel he is being unfairly criticized at times and that sort of forces me to defend him which in the end makes me invested in him.

But I don't like to pick high so I may change my mind.