What's new

2020 NBA Draft Live Thread

Merrill drafted... damn... we would've have had a legit shot at signing him as UDFA if he wasn't drafted

**** this. Why can’t we ever swing for the fences. I’m never getting my hopes up in the draft ever again . My guy McDaniels was there for the taking and we draft an old school center that will play 10-15 minutes a night at the center position. **** DL AND JZ. Fire their asses tonight. I’m so frustrated.

Just let ****ing @LoPo run the team... it can’t be much worse.
I'm glad I went to sleep....

We did the exact same thing this year as the Tony Bradley draft. We passed on athleticism to find a Rudy clone. Then ironically, we used a pick to dump that failed experiment.

I simply do not understand why our FO is so intent on building a team around a traditional, rim protecting big. Teams have never won titles that way and it's even more unwise in this current evolution of the game.

Our FO will follow up this disappointing draft by overpaying Rudy in an extension. Continued mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I will say from a strategy perspective it seemed like Utah did the smart thing. After they took Udoka a lot of bigs went off the board. He probably would have been gone by 38 if they took a wing/guard at 27.

I'm glad I went to sleep....

We did the exact same thing this year as the Tony Bradley draft. We passed on athleticism to find a Rudy clone. Then ironically, we used a pick to dump that failed experiment.

I simply do not understand why our FO is so intent on building a team around a traditional, rim protecting big. Teams have never won titles that way and it's even more unwise in this current evolution of the game.

Our FO will follow up this disappointing draft by overpaying Rudy in an extension. Continued mediocrity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Bradley is not close to a Rudy clone. The statement I get from last night is that the Jazz are committed to having rim protector. Whether they keep both of them only time will tell.

@LoPo This is a joke... right?

I like what we did. We got a backup who can spell Gobert for periods of a game. He’s a lob threat and can bruise people inside. A desperate need considering the best teams have multiple bigs.

I like Hughes. Seems to have unlimited shooting range and is good off the P&R. Good athleticism.

I will say from a strategy perspective it seemed like Utah did the smart thing. After they took Udoka a lot of bigs went off the board. He probably would have been gone by 38 if they took a wing/guard at 27.
Yeah I mean if you can get out in front of it and draft the worst big prospect first then ya gotta do it. Especially because you can’t take two perimeter players in a draft by league rule and you also can’t play multiple wing players in the modern nba. No one does that anymore.

I am not sure why DL and Zanik get the benefit of the doubt anymore and people are really stretching to find angles about why this was smart.

Bradley is not close to a Rudy clone. The statement I get from last night is that the Jazz are committed to having rim protector. Whether they keep both of them only time will tell.
God damn Lopo off that gas. Anyone calling Tony a Rudy clone needs to have their head checked.

Yeah I mean if you can get out in front of it and draft the worst big prospect first then ya gotta do it. Especially because you can’t take two perimeter players in a draft by league rule and you also can’t play multiple wing players in the modern nba. No one does that anymore.

I am not sure why DL and Zanik get the benefit of the doubt anymore and people are really stretching to find angles about why this was smart.
Uhhh, I'm not saying it was smart from my perspective. I would have drafted differently, but if that's the guy they wanted, they got in a good position. I think they executed their plan well, from what I can tell.

Also I have no idea if Udoka is a worse prospect than the other bigs that went after him. It's all pretty flat to me and their success will depend on situation. Udoka got in a ****ing great situation for him to flourish, though it will be with a lower minutes ceiling.

I'm always a grass is greener guy when it comes to these things.....

The Jazz's 2nd unit started playing really well, and that was with ****ing Tony Bradley and Georges Niang getting minutes.

Now they got Udoka and they will have more wing/4 depth. Whatever any of us thing about Udoka, I think we can all agree he will be a better NBA player than Tony ****ing Bradley.

Looking over Udoka's measurements, I think he tanked his standing reach to get that vertical. A near 7 footer with a ginormous 7'7" wingspan is going to be higher than 9'1" on standing reach. He is still very athletic of course, way more than Bradley.

Uhhh, I'm not saying it was smart from my perspective. I would have drafted differently, but if that's the guy they wanted, they got in a good position. I think they executed their plan well, from what I can tell.

Also I have no idea if Udoka is a worse prospect than the other bigs that went after him. It's all pretty flat to me and their success will depend on situation. Udoka got in a ****ing great situation for him to flourish, though it will be with a lower minutes ceiling.
Great execution getting a guy who is not a 16 game player 20 spots ahead of where he should be drafted and getting a wing. It’s easy to execute a plan that is well easy... I plan on executing a plan to get some donuts this morning... I hope others appreciate how well I execute a plan that is probably dumb and bad for me.

Great execution getting a guy who is not a 16 game player 20 spots ahead of where he should be drafted and getting a wing. It’s easy to execute a plan that is well easy... I plan on executing a plan to get some donuts this morning... I hope others appreciate how well I execute a plan that is probably dumb and bad for me.
We will see.

I'm always a grass is greener guy when it comes to these things.....

The Jazz's 2nd unit started playing really well, and that was with ****ing Tony Bradley and Georges Niang getting minutes.

Now they got Udoka and they will have more wing/4 depth. Whatever any of us thing about Udoka, I think we can all agree he will be a better NBA player than Tony ****ing Bradley.
You. Can. Get. That. Guy. For. The. Minimum.