What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

He's a better defender than Bradley and a better scorer than Ed, so...

Seems like he's a somewhat middleclass version of Skal Labissiere.
No offense was meant... just saying we are now looking at Middle Class Skal's

At that point you try your own guys at the end of the bench. I'm fairly confident we see a Trevor Booker, Bogut, Udoh type signing... will give us a small bump.

He's a better defender than Bradley and a better scorer than Ed, so...

Seems like he's a somewhat middleclass version of Skal Labissiere.
He's a big man with range who could execute those pick and pop sets that no big man on our current roster is capable of doing.

OOF! Did not expect Utah to sit on their hands despite many years of doing just that predicting that that may, in fact, be the case. I do believe our offense can be elite (ish), but we are now in an uphill battle to make the playoffs. Fully expecting Donovan to realize that tight ring he's staring at is his internal sphincter and to remedy the situation immediately, preferably sooner. But even through my Jazz homer glasses I can't see how getting Donovan/Joe/Bojan less touches (by way of Minimike) and shots helps get them out of the funk they're in. Also, teams will pull Rudy out on the floor, which leaves the balding plodders and two midgets to rebound which has proven to be a big ask with zero chance of fulfillment. Royce got future paid, and has taken vacation, but is expected back any day now. The Jazz do have 2.5 bonafide shot creators which is 1.5 more than last year entering the playoffs, unfortunately there is no Favors walking thru the door to PnR or rebound/defend. So enjoy Jazzfanz, we have a legitimate shot of winning at least twice as many games as last year in the playoffs provided we actually get in. Just cuz we can now touch the sky does not mean it's falling.

we don't know that because Quin doesn't play the young pups.
I think imma become a stars expert like Homey... you have to play guys with the big boys to see what you got and if it’s worth continuing to develop them.

I think imma become a stars expert like Homey... you have to play guys with the big boys to see what you got and if it’s worth continuing to develop them.
Just because they have great GLeague stats doesn't necessarily translate to the show: See MMo Almond and Niang. Both GLeague all stars.

Pat Riley absolutely pillage Memphis today... the same Memphis that made us give like 25-50% more than we needed to to get Conley. He’s just amazing...

They could get to max space this offseason to chase AD if they want... they can also have max space for Giannis in 2 years if they wanted.

he did it with bad contracts... and bare cupboards... I just don’t want to hear that we had nothing to offer... the best GMs make fetch happen.

Pat Riley absolutely pillage Memphis today... the same Memphis that made us give like 25-50% more than we needed to to get Conley. He’s just amazing...

They could get to max space this offseason to chase AD if they want... they can also have max space for Giannis in 2 years if they wanted.

he did it with bad contracts... and bare cupboards... I just don’t want to hear that we had nothing to offer... the best GMs make fetch happen.
It’s similar to playing basketball. If it’s down the stretch and you’re behind, winners find a way to win. That’s what we expect. Yet when it comes to executives, somehow we change the rules. We make excuses. Nobody ever looks at a guy failing to preform and says things like, “the defense stopped him, he had no choices.” The expectation is that if you’re good, you’ve got to find a way to win the game, and saying “well they were down 7, what could he do?” never cuts it on the court, but that kind of stuff works somehow when we’re sitting here evaluating the executive game.

It’s similar to playing basketball. If it’s down the stretch and you’re behind, winners find a way to win. That’s what we expect. Yet when it comes to executives, somehow we change the rules. We make excuses. Nobody ever looks at a guy failing to preform and says things like, “the defense stopped him, he had no choices.” The expectation is that if you’re good, you’ve got to find a way to win the game, and saying “well they were down 7, what could he do?” never cuts it on the court, but that kind of stuff works somehow when we’re sitting here evaluating the executive game.
This... also I need you to know I’m that guy in men’s league.

Like if we call Phoenix and they are like Baynes isn’t available... and we don’t do a “come on ... you are going nowhere and aren’t going to want to pay him... 2 seconds and some expirings... I’ll send 500k for Sarver too” they aren’t going to think about that? Just saying here is what we will do... call us if you don’t get anything... and then waiting by the phone... nah. Make them say no... multiple times.

Winslow is going to be relevant for the next 5-7 years. He fits next to Jaren, Ja, and Brooks. Absorbing bad contracts isn't ideal, but Memphis was more about getting a long term fit.

Of course Miami got two pieces for a title run this year and dumped money for next summer, but Memphis did really savvy work too.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Winslow is going to be relevant for the next 5-7 years. He fits next to Jaren, Ja, and Brooks. Absorbing bad contracts isn't ideal, but Memphis was more about getting a long term fit.

Of course Miami got two pieces for a title run this year and dumped money for next summer, but Memphis did really savvy work too.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Winslow has missed a ton of games and is fine. Jae was worth a second as well. Winslow might even be overpaid... has had back issues amongst other things... he was paid based on draft position/pedigree... he is over rated.

Yikes. I’m not sure if we ever had an open window to win a title. But that window, if it was open, has slammed shut with the moves around the league. Morris to the Clippers makes them a real force. I think you gotta put the two LA teams and Denver ahead of us right now. And honestly I’m unsure if we can compete with up and coming teams like Dallas, New Orleans, and Memphis.

I’m beginning to wonder if we really should’ve just stood pat over the summer, kept assets, and waited the next year or two out. At least we could compete with everyone when we had size and played defense. Now it seems like we’re a pretty horrible and soft team who can’t beat anyone when our 3 point bombs aren’t going in.

This... also I need you to know I’m that guy in men’s league.

Like if we call Phoenix and they are like Baynes isn’t available... and we don’t do a “come on ... you are going nowhere and aren’t going to want to pay him... 2 seconds and some expirings... I’ll send 500k for Sarver too” they aren’t going to think about that? Just saying here is what we will do... call us if you don’t get anything... and then waiting by the phone... nah. Make them say no... multiple times.
I know I’ve shared this before, but it’s like when Boomhauer revealed his secrets for picking up women. It was more about him asking out everyone and looking like a creep to 95%, but ultimately landed him what he and everyone else was wanting:

I think there’s a certain perception of people like this and it’s never a good one. I feel like our M.O. is to go out of our way to ensure we don’t tarnish our reputation, so we try to play things really cool and try not to show any emotion or tip our hand. But we’re confusing the means and the ends. Our reputation isn’t really helping us win the game, it’s just giving us the superficial security of feeling more comfortable in these social circles. Sometimes one’s status on the gentleman’s club and advancing your franchise forward is at odds. Of course, I think our argument is that we’re playing the long game and advancing our status in the gentleman’s club ultimately comes around to opening doors to winning on the court. But sometimes you have to prioritize the tangible over the theoretical.

We can beat them... but don't be fooled by what actually happens when we play them? We've played good teams the last 5 games... that's not early in the schedule... the teams have had key injuries... we got beat 5 times.

We don't have to deal in the hypothetical anymore guys... we have actual data... Guess what is one of the biggest indicators that a team will have playoff success? Yup... their record against good teams.

Every team deals with chemistry stuff... every team has injuries... every team brings in new players... these aren't good enough excuses. Anyone that says we can beat any team is guessing.

We haven't been beaten by 5 good teams. Portland and San Antonio are both below .500.

We lost to 2 good teams. Denver and Houston.

And we beat the best team of the bunch, Dallas.