What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

I've surrendered to the idea that Niang is staying in the rotation.

Y'all should too.

Several of us have pointed out the downsides of Niang being in the rotation. But it doesn't matter what we think. Quin wants shooting on the floor in that spot. And we aren't going to find a better shooter than Niang. So... it is what it is.

I’m guessing Poeltl gets a first somewhere if moved. We will throw in atomic too...
I’d be really skeptical about him landing a first. I mean, he’s playing 17.6 minutes in his fourth year. People weren’t giving up firsts for guys like Niko. Hell, Clarkson fetched a corpse. He’s kinda like Joel Przybilla.

I’d be really skeptical about him landing a first. I mean, he’s playing 17.6 minutes in his fourth year. People weren’t giving up firsts for guys like Niko. Hell, Clarkson fetched a corpse. He’s kinda like Joel Przybilla.
I may also be thinking of Rasho Nesterovic.

your boy Niko sucked tho remember ? I named him miroshi*

Exactly what I expected. Jazz actively looking to upgrade around the margins and if it doesn't workout they are expected to be active in the buyout market.

What would be nice is a team wanting to dump salary on Memphis with a minor asset to get Jae’s expiring contract, then didn’t have need for Jae and bought him out.

That’s be great.

Exactly what I expected. Jazz actively looking to upgrade around the margins and if it doesn't workout they are expected to be active in the buyout market.

Unlike other years... I just don’t think there will be deals in our range. I think we will be aggressive but that we likely don’t find anything exciting at all.

What would be nice is a team wanting to dump salary on Memphis with a minor asset to get Jae’s expiring contract, then didn’t have need for Jae and bought him out.

That’s be great.
You gonna flip out when they get a first for him?

Bjelica just dunked on KAT. Someone please tell him his effort level after the first month of the season is why he loses and why he shouldn’t be an all star. This dude goes and cries about being “snubbed” when he doesn’t play 20 something games and his team is better without him. He’s becoming one of my least favorite players.

Unlike other years... I just don’t think there will be deals in our range. I think we will be aggressive but that we likely don’t find anything exciting at all.
I think there are certainly deals in “our range,” it just depends on what you mean when you say “our range.” TJ out there responding to guys inquiring about Covington, Aaron Gordon, Iguodala, etc. [I find it funny how much everyone seems to be valuing a 36 year old who hasn’t played in a year, but that’s another story]. Yeah, we ain’t getting those guys. But I think the fact that we can’t land those guys doesn’t mean there aren’t very solid moves for guys who can give us a solid 10-15 minutes. I think there should be at least one of those moves out there.

Bjelica just dunked on KAT. Someone please tell him his effort level after the first month of the season is why he loses and why he shouldn’t be an all star. This dude goes and cries about being “snubbed” when he doesn’t play 20 something games and his team is better without him. He’s becoming one of my least favorite players.
Welcome to a long time ago. Dude has so much talent but fits the mental fold of a Dwight Howard or Ricky Davis.

I think there are certainly deals in “our range,” it just depends on what you mean when you say “our range.” TJ out there responding to guys inquiring about Covington, Aaron Gordon, Iguodala, etc. [I find it funny how much everyone seems to be valuing a 36 year old who hasn’t played in a year, but that’s another story]. Yeah, we ain’t getting those guys. But I think the fact that we can’t land those guys doesn’t mean there aren’t very solid moves for guys who can give us a solid 10-15 minutes. I think there should be at least one of those moves out there.
Covington is so over rated just watched him airball two shots... they should cash in that chip like right now. This Timberwolves team is just terrible.

It’s either a hell yes or a no. Anyone giving up a first for him is like taking a long walk for a warm beer.
Well Memphis likely moves him because they know what 100% of nothing is.