What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Not a trade but Johnathan Williams just got waived. He was starting to play well and had 12 points against on %70 and 30 minutes. Defends well in space and has an interior presence, provides rebounding. Doesn't stretch the floor to 3 point line but has some shooting. He is normally a 4 but can play the 5 as well.

I am sure Wiz liked him but Thomas Bryant and Bertans are getting closer to return and that's why they probably waived him.

I am also not sure he is an upgrade over Morgan but he should be a more natural 4 than Morgan, at least on defense. Could be worth a try or not.

Last edited:
People who still want to trade for Ariza should really look at this clip.

Favors killed him on that screen.

In before somebody mentions the lakers listening to kuzma trades.

NO, thank you.

Thats all.

Utah jazz trade mike conley to Detroit, Drummond goes to sacramento, and the kings send us dedmon, bjelica, and bogdan. Thoughts on that?

Sent from my VS501 using JazzFanz mobile app

I could see the Jazz sending Conley to Detroit, with Detroit sending Drummond to a third team, who then compensates the Jazz. The third team would want Drummond's expiring contract to save money next year.

Det out: Drummond
Det in: Conley
Rationale: Get compensation for Drummond's expiring deal.

Utah out: Conley
Utah in: ??
Rationale: Get more production and floor balance.

Team X out: ??
Team X in: Drummond
Rationale: Save $28M+ next year

I’m suddenly very tempted by acquiring Kevin Love. And I think you could maybe actually extract an asset from Cleveland to do so at this point.

I think he is so desperate to win games and play on a cohesive team that he’d be ready to go all-out.

Kevin Love to Portland for Hassan Whiteside and possibly a pick seems like a forgone conclusion to me. The Blazers get Love who fits next to Nurkic when he gets healthy. All of their main pieces would be under contract longterm and then they would just wait it out until they were healthy enough to try to make one last run with this core. The Cavs not only get off of Love's contract but they actually get an expiring for it. It just makes too much sense doesn't it? I don't think Portland is prepared to blow that team up.

Last edited:
I think the Jazz might move Davis if they can get a rotational frontcourt player back. I'm just not sure who that player would be.

I don't think we'll make any major move. The Jazz won't give up on Conley just because of a shooting slump over a relatively small sample size.

I think the Jazz might move Davis if they can get a rotational frontcourt player back. I'm just not sure who that player would be.

I don't think we'll make any major move. The Jazz won't give up on Conley just because of a shooting slump over a relatively small sample size.

Yes because everybody wants davis rn

It sounds like Tony Bradley has supplanted Ed Davis in the rotation. Ed is taking it well and being the solid teammate that everyone expected him to be.

It looks more likely that Ed is going to be traded. If that’s the case, I hope the Jazz do right by him and he lands in a good situation.

As it stands, the Jazz could bring back up to $8.2 million incoming salary - adding NWG would bump that number up to ~ $10 million AND provide the team with an open roster spot to add a buyout guy to round out the roster.

Who is a center that might be available in exchange for Davis and NWG that has a contract in that price range?

I feel like a bench unit of Mudiay/Clarkson/Oneale/Center addition, would be pretty strong. Then you have the buyout addition, Niang and Bradley who you could bring in situationally depending on matchup.