What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

I know this isn't our area of need, and the Kings may not want to do it, but Bogdan wants out and Divac passed on Luka in favour of Bagley, so who knows the limits of his incompetence.

Untitled.png

Mind you, Boler's head might actually explode having to keep track of both Bogdan Bogdanović and Bojan Bogdanović. Expect at least one of them to be called Brogdon Bojanović once a game.

Horford doesn't suck. He's still playing alright on a terrible fit in Philly, he'd fit better here.

Roco would be a spectacular get.

I know this isn't our area of need, and the Kings may not want to do it, but Bogdan wants out and Divac passed on Luka in favour of Bagley, so who knows the limits of his incompetence.

Untitled.png

Mind you, Boler's head might actually explode having to keep track of both Bogdan Bogdanović and Bojan Bogdanović. Expect at least one of them to be called Brogdon Bojanović once a game.

The gap in value here is really slanted in our favor... like Kings fans would burn down the arena and hunt down Vlade slanted... like David Stern would become unded to block this trade.

But he's going to Portland tho
I don't think the sister that took over cares about basketball enough to spend a ton. I think they get more frugal and Melo is playing the Love role currently.

The gap in value here is really slanted in our favor... like Kings fans would burn down the arena and hunt down Vlade slanted... like David Stern would become unded to block this trade.

This winning streak got me on such a high, for a second I just assumed we were the Lakers and can get away with it.

If the Suns lose tonight they are done. The 8 games they have after tonight are basically all going to be loses. Already 2.5 back... route for them to lose and either make a panic trade for Love or sell off pieces that won't be back... Baynes and Saric are the ones I want.

If we are planning to use the full MLE and retain JC and Royce we should really look to salary dump Ed somewhere. Atlanta has infinity cap space and has been in on the Andre Drummond stuff... I wouldn't even care if we got value back. Using the MLE this summer and retaining those guys puts us near the tax and I'm not sure we want to go there yet.

If we are planning to use the full MLE and retain JC and Royce we should really look to salary dump Ed somewhere. Atlanta has infinity cap space and has been in on the Andre Drummond stuff... I wouldn't even care if we got value back. Using the MLE this summer and retaining those guys puts us near the tax and I'm not sure we want to go there yet.
Jazz will make it a priority to avoid the LT next year. They will probably go above it numerous times after ‘21-‘22 since that is when Gobert’s and Mitchell big raises will be on the books and dodging repeater tax is huge.

In any case, this season and next are likely the Jazz’s best window for a long time because of the aforementioned raises. And Ed’s money is baaad.

Big reason I pimped a Meyers Leonard deal. It dumps $8.5M off next year’s books.

I don't think the sister that took over cares about basketball enough to spend a ton. I think they get more frugal and Melo is playing the Love role currently.

If they don't make a big move then they are going down the path of blowing that core up. And I don't think they want to do that. I think they'll be desperate to hang on.

Big reason I pimped a Meyers Leonard deal. It dumps $8.5M off next year’s books.

I think there is another variation you could do and keep Bradley... I can see Miami doing it.. they are only a few million over the tax so they may save over $5M and likely aren't looking to use space next year.

Watch Horford for a handful of games. He struggles to get up and down the court. He’s a sieve on defense. Remember this?

upload_2020-1-16_18-55-31.gif

That would be Quin with him five times a game.

That said, his ability to stretch the floor, arguably rebound better than any 4 we have, and be a backup 5 to Gobert may be more valuable than what Conley offers.

He could also play less minutes but of better quality.

That said, when the chips are down vs the Clips or Lakers, there’s no way we can have Horford on the court at the 4 trying to defend dudes. He’ll get absolutely scorched. So I’m torn.

Watch Horford for a handful of games. He struggles to get up and down the court. He’s a sieve on defense. Remember this?

View attachment 8791

That would be Quin with him five times a game.

That said, his ability to stretch the floor, arguably rebound better than any 4 we have, and be a backup 5 to Gobert may be more valuable than what Conley offers.

He could also play less minutes but of better quality.

That said, when the chips are down vs the Clips or Lakers, there’s no way we can have Horford on the court at the 4 trying to defend dudes. He’ll get absolutely scorched. So I’m torn.
Would rep for reference.

I’d still consider Aminu if nothing more than the outside shot he comes back in April or May or for next year.

Ed Davis and NWG for him.

Then, use the full MLE on someone this summer and kick *** in the draft.

That’s a 60 win team. And I don’t think we’re gonna find anyone better than him, healthy or not. He feels 32-33 to me but he’s not. He doesn’t even turn 30 til September.

Last edited:
If the Suns lose tonight they are done. The 8 games they have after tonight are basically all going to be loses. Already 2.5 back... route for them to lose and either make a panic trade for Love or sell off pieces that won't be back... Baynes and Saric are the ones I want.
I’m nodding slowly and knowingly.