What's new

2020 Presidential election

Very happy to see that Bloomberg isn't winning ****. Isn't even getting 2nd place anywhere.

Drop out Mike! Do it, do it now!

they’ll most likely bitch and threaten to vote for trump or 3rd party in the general. I’d be shocked if many actually come into this forum and pledge support for Biden. Unlike what most of us moderates have already done, Bernie Bros loyalty is only one way.
I like Bernie and voted for him but have no problem voting for biden cause #nevertrump

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

1. It won’t be a problem in a general election.

2. Not at this moment, might look into it later out of personal curiosity.

3. They just need to smell blood, figuratively speaking. Give him the nomination and see what happens on a 1vs1 race against Trump.

1. If they can’t get motivated to vote in the primary when there is a wide variety of candidates to motivate them why would they get motivated to vote when the choices are even more limited in a general?

If they’re too lazy to vote in the primary then they have no right to bitch about their choice selection in the general.

Maybe we should just admit that young people don’t care about voting no matter who the candidate is, party affiliation, or policy matter? And any candidate who wastes his/her time focusing on this demo is asking to lose.

2. Yes. I think you should probably look to see when (if ever) the youth cared enough to vote. If you can’t find a time, then maybe we shouldn’t blame candidates and policy for failing to mobilize the youth vote.

3. Smell blood? What does that mean? I don’t understand. Does advocating for free college and health care not help young people “smell the blood” enough to get off their lazy asses to vote? And if you can’t point to any particular time when the youth vote was mobilized, how do we know that “smelling blood” will work? There’s no historical precedent for what you’re advocating for.

Last edited:
Sorry but I can’t find myself voting for Biden, I just can’t. Nominating Biden is pretty much giving Trump 4 more years.

Trump vs. Clinton 2.0
That's ok. I would forgive you.
I have to go lesser of two evils when Trump is involved.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You mean, as opposed to a post that said, "... remember when I called you out ..." and accused me of using insults (insulting posters is something I almost never do, BTW). I wasn't aware you were interested in "substance". What what you like to discuss the substance of?

Go ahead, link to the post where you called me out for my knowledge and I responded with an insult. I'll wait. It will be a long one.

Also, you probably know what an ad hominem is well enough to know I did not use one. I don't think you need a lesson on logical fallacies.

It's difficult for me to interpret this post in any light other than you trying to score some sort of points off me, or demonstrate your superior knowledge, or something like that.

*yawn*

Thanks Utah! Dope ****.
Hopefully Bernie has the lead tomorrow, and he stunts on Biden for the rest of the debates. Goodbye Bloomb! Hopefully Liz steps down but I’m betting she’s angling for VP and wants to split Bernie’s vote

Should Biden be the nominee....

People understandably focus on Biden's gaffes, and think he's feeble minded, too old, heading for dementia, if he's not there already.

But, here is what you will see, on the debate stage, when it's just Biden and Trump. You will see Biden speak to Americans' higher angels. You will see him convey to Americans that we can do better than this. That we are better than this. Do you think Trump can match that, do you think Trump can inspire our higher angels, our higher aspirations? On occasion, he has made efforts to speak as if he were a president for all our citizens, and he always sounds stilted, unnatural. Inspiring the best in us does not come natural to Trump. Instead, inspiring anger toward liberals, inspiring hatred and fear of "the other" is what Trump does best. The politics of divisiveness is Trump's talent.

Biden once said the 2020 election would be "a battle for the nation's soul". He understands that Americans need to hear from a leader that wants to lead us away from our basest instincts, not celebrate those instincts, as Trump can only do. That is what Americans need, and want, to hear, and having a candidate who can appeal to our higher aspirations will carry the day. Because that is what we have been waiting for.

I take it not everyone sees this ability in Joe Biden. I do, and it's one of the main reasons I have felt he is someone best able to defeat Trump. Biden will be attacked, Biden will verbally slip up, and Biden will also effectively give as good as he gets. But, what we will see him do, that Trump cannot do, is speak to our higher angels and inspires us to remember that we are better than this, always have been, and will be again.