What's new

2020 Presidential election

That would be the 2008 recession.
8 years of it? Trump turned the stagnant economy in weeks.

Whatever though, I'm not even slightly concerned anymore. It looks like there's a solid chunk of the left who still at least love this country enough to shy away from The Commy Rat and voted for Quid Pro Joe. Both terrible, possibly worse than Hilary, but Quid Pro Joe at least will just be a complete failure and do nothing like Obama while Bernie is shooting to turn us into his favorite country Cuba.

8 years of it? Trump turned the economy in weeks.

The economy bottomed out about 6 months into Obama's presidency, and then started turning around. Among other things, we had 6 years of uninterrupted growth under Obama. Trump inherited an economy already going full steam.

PS

Speaking of Quid Pro Joe the left better hope they maintain the house. If not, I really don't look forward to him getting impeached because he openly threatened to withhold funds from Ukraine if they didn't fire the guy who was investigating his son. We even have video proof, not some whistleblower (Schiff) who just heard hearsay from a third person.

The economy bottomed out about 6 months into Obama's presidency, and then started turning around. Among other things, we had 6 years of uninterrupted growth under Obama. Trump inherited an economy already going full steam.
Lol yeah sure. An Obamacare was a major success too I bet.

He wasn't investigating Hunter.
The company he was working for. But whatever as I said the left better be prepared to reap the same tyrannical behavior by the right if Biden wins, which he won't. Impeachment is now nothing more than a political tool sadly. All because the left cheated in every way to win and still got beat by Trump. Sadly I feel Bernie could beat Trump but I think Democrats are loving this economy and all of Trump's success so they rigged it for Biden to get beat again. Hell they might have to actually go to work if Biden or Bernie wins. Not to mention the severe loneliness they will suffer from if they can't obsess about Trump.

Speaking of... That actually concerns me more than the Coronavirus. If Trump loses what are the obsessed radicals of the left going to do? Their world, their significant other, and basically everything they ever known for the past 4 years will be gone. What will CNN do? A few in this thread do? I'm legitimately concerned. Obsessive compulsiveness does not just vanish.

Pretty epic takedown of the notion spewed by Fox News addicts that Trump is somehow better to listen to than Biden. Sooooo cringeworthy

Reactions: Red
Should Biden be the nominee....

People understandably focus on Biden's gaffes, and think he's feeble minded, too old, heading for dementia, if he's not there already.

But, here is what you will see, on the debate stage, when it's just Biden and Trump. You will see Biden speak to Americans' higher angels. You will see him convey to Americans that we can do better than this. That we are better than this. Do you think Trump can match that, do you think Trump can inspire our higher angels, our higher aspirations? On occasion, he has made efforts to speak as if he were a president for all our citizens, and he always sounds stilted, unnatural. Inspiring the best in us does not come natural to Trump. Instead, inspiring anger toward liberals, inspiring hatred and fear of "the other" is what Trump does best. The politics of divisiveness is Trump's talent.

Biden once said the 2020 election would be "a battle for the nation's soul". He understands that Americans need to hear from a leader that wants to lead us away from our basest instincts, not celebrate those instincts, as Trump can only do. That is what Americans need, and want, to hear, and having a candidate who can appeal to our higher aspirations will carry the day. Because that is what we have been waiting for.

I take it not everyone sees this ability in Joe Biden. I do, and it's one of the main reasons I have felt he is someone best able to defeat Trump. Biden will be attacked, Biden will verbally slip up, and Biden will also effectively give as good as he gets. But, what we will see him do, that Trump cannot do, is speak to our higher angels and inspires us to remember that we are better than this, always have been, and will be again.

One may not like the messenger, but I do believe it's words like these that must be spoken and contrasted with Trump's words. I do believe simple thoughts like these are part of what so many Americans want to hear, esp. those who are sick and tired of being spoken to by a president who only knows how to spew anger and hate...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-revival-of-decency-and-honesty-and-character

“This all starts with a revival of decency and honesty and character,” Biden added, castigating Trump.

“The way he talks about people, he has not a single sense of empathy, he doesn’t have any compassion. … He looks at honesty and decency and respect as a sign of weakness, he doesn’t believe we’re all part of something bigger than ourselves.”

“We need a president who can fight but we need as badly someone who can heal,” Biden added.

The former vice president went on to quote Irish poet Seamus Heaney.

“He said, ‘History says, Don't hope/On this side of the grave,/But then, once in a lifetime/The longed-for tidal wave/Of justice can rise up/And hope and history rhyme.’ We can make hope and history rhyme,” Biden said.

I predict that Texas will be edge Biden and Bernie will win Cali but with a much smaller margin of victory than foretasted for many months. North Carolina was tossup until last poll where Biden had a 2:1 edge. So Biden has huge momentum.

This is stupid to say with the HUGE uncertainty, but my gut is telling me that this will be a big day for Biden, and at the end of the day, it is a 2-way race with Both Biden and Bernie in the 475-550 delegate range and close enough where you have to give the inside track to Biden from here on out.

Nailed it.

This Bernie meltdown I mean press conference sure is a doozy. It’s sad really because he still has a path to victory. It’s narrow but it’s still there. This just seems cheap and desperate to me. Very disingenuous.

He’s blasting the establishment while attempting to kiss Obama’s ***. Soooooo Obama isn’t part of the establishment? Funny stuff, because for nearly 5 years Bernie has bashed Obama as part of the establishment. And now going after Biden? Again, this is why his tent hasn’t expanded since 2016. I agree with some of the things he says. But man... is he a terrible politician.

Lol Bernie is just absolutely terrible. It's nice to see that now that the reality is that he's most likely not going to win people are coming back to mother Earth.

Lol Bernie is just absolutely terrible. It's nice to see that now that the reality is that he's most likely not going to win people are coming back to mother Earth.
Why most likely, the race is still close and Biden could still have a few mega-gaffes (fingers crossed) that take him out of the race for good.