What's new

2020 Vintage 80’s 90’s draft winner changes my picture.

Putting too much emphasis on three point shooting, he was a terrible defender and didn’t have much else to his game other than shooting

Mitch shot more threes, could take defenders off the dribble and even had a post game, and better defender, he wasn’t an elite defender by any means but he didn’t hurt his teams in that category. He would’ve been far more recognizable had he not played on such bad organization’s. IMO
He shot less threes than Glen and shot them worse. Glen could do many of the things you mentioned. Mitch has him on free throw rate and thats about it. Total WS for their careers goes to Glen... Mitch logged a grand total of 836 playoff minutes Glen had over 2,000. Mitch was good but he put up numbers on ****** teams for most of his career. Glen had some meaningful minutes and did his work on teams that won games. Mitch may be better but its very close.

Had hoped to nab Mourning or Mutombo... so will have to do a full pivot and grab another player type I need...

Give me Glen Rice... pretty jumper... loved watching him. Dude got buckets. 6' 7" wing would be basically perfect for the current era. In 96-97 he put up 27 pts per game while shooting a blistering 47% from 3 (hey coach get him some more attempts out there).
Weirdly enough I thought about grabbing Rice and was hoping Mutumbo would be there, because there are a billion centers to choose from, so I guess I made the right choice.

Weirdly enough I thought about grabbing Rice and was hoping Mutumbo would be there, because there are a billion centers to choose from, so I guess I made the right choice.
Correct move imo... I was wanting a center from a more modern era and he was the one leftover. There are still some really good options but I can wait on them.

Sure, but he was the 5th pick on a team of 5 so far. So yeah, thats good. And Mitch was awesome, but his teams also sucked nuts, although I'm sure there are outlier seasons.
He started his career on good Warriors teams and put up numbers in the playoffs.

But he was always super efficient in his prime Kings years.

He started his career on good Warriors teams and put up numbers in the playoffs.

But he was always super efficient in his prime Kings years.
I think they are both good players... just weird the guy that would take Mitch in the 4th is like "Rice in the 5th... that's a head scratcher". They are pretty damned similar in what they bring to the table.

Also, if I recall he put up some big numbers in the All-Star game including an mvp one year in the game.
He scored 23 pts and was an all star mvp one year per google... you know who else won and all star game MVP? Glen Rice with 26 pts off the bench... they are basically the same player.