What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

At worst, he should be a rotational point guard. Needs to clean up his turnovers, but there’s a lot to like. I’m glad he fell after they traded back. Wish they could’ve gotten a bigger haul for it (price tag for #31 was kinda nuts.)
I think the seconds we got are fairly good… they only have their own and one from Toronto. The late picks Milwaukee got are garbage.

So I was trying to keep up with this thread but it moved way too fast.
What did we do and what did we get?
I saw something about us trading our #30 pick (and some dude everyone seemed to like named butler was on the board) and got some seconds or something? And Kyle Anderson or something?
Then I saw a thread saying we drafted butler and Wes saying welcome to the team Jared (butler?)

Can someone give me a breakdown of what happened?
I'm so confused

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I saw something about us trading our #30 pick (and some dude everyone seemed to like named butler was on the board) and got some seconds or something? And Kyle Anderson or something?
Then I saw a thread saying we drafted butler and Wes saying welcome to the team Jared (butler?)

I'm so confused

Traded pick #30 for #40 and 2 future 2nds. No players involved. Drafted Jared Butler from Baylor. Also there was some banana bread.

Butler enrolled at Alabama, but did not participate in the team's summer workouts and requested an unconditional release from his letter of intent in order to transfer to Baylor University.[6] Alabama released him from his commitment in August.[7] A scholarship had opened up at Baylor due to the early retirement of Jake Lindsey.[1]

Butler got to Baylor because of the early retirement of Jake Lindsey, who happen to be DL's son.

Come full circle. Seven degrees of Dennis Lindsey.

I'm so confused

Jazz traded #30 for #40 and some future 2nds, then wound up getting Butler (who no one thought would be there).

Traded pick #30 for #40 and 2 future 2nds. No players involved. Drafted Jared Butler from Baylor. Also there was some banana bread.
Sounds like everyone should be pretty happy then right?

Why were people saying we picked up Kyle Anderson?

I'm so confused

Oh fish you missed a good one… let’s just say right now I’m laying naked in a pile of banana bread with @Hearsky ‘s mom and both of us got big smiles on our faces.

Hard not to be hyped about the pick. But it definitely feels weird to be gassing up the 40th pick so hard.
Right, but it’s because he’s not really a No. 40 pick. He’s a consensus first rounder that fell because of health concerns.

And we pick up a couple future seconds to maybe get off Favors.

Vrenz got Ingles potential (as a basketball player, nobody has Ingles potential off-the-court). I'm not obsessed with his potential, but you gotta have potential in your 3rd string and this team is gonna hurt when they lose Joe. Would be nice to have a glimmer of hope that someone in the pipeline might be able to do some of the same things with some development.

Also, the stage is set for a purge of the deep bench. The time is now to get started on a new crop.