What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

I think teams are pausing on Johnson because he's a diva. Wasn't extremely coachable in HS and probably really struggled for an old-school coach like K.

So who's the specific draft prospect the Jazz like at 30 that's holding up the Favors/30 trade? Cunningham? lol
Tony said he knows but can't say... a little unnerving that he knows. Maybe it is just Grimes... he's been the one that we've consistently heard about. The phrasing made it sound like a faller... so maybe its Butler, Johnson, Springer... Who knows?

Tony Jones has inside sources with the Jazz, including Derrick Favors.
Chad Ford is close to Tony Jones.
David Thorpe is close to Chad Ford, since they are former ESPN colleagues.
Jazz are tight-lipped about deals, and they have a good relationship with both the Knicks and Pacers.

I'd now be surprised if the Jazz aren't involved in this somehow.

Tony Jones has inside sources with the Jazz, including Derrick Favors.
Chad Ford is close to Tony Jones.
David Thorpe is close to Chad Ford, since they are former ESPN colleagues.
Jazz are tight-lipped about deals, and they have a good relationship with both the Knicks and Pacers.

I'd now be surprised if the Jazz aren't involved in this somehow.
I'm honestly going to be disappointed if we don't do something big with how much time and energy we've put into this thread. :)

Tony said he knows but can't say... a little unnerving that he knows. Maybe it is just Grimes... he's been the one that we've consistently heard about. The phrasing made it sound like a faller... so maybe its Butler, Johnson, Springer... Who knows?
Well, it could be Usman Garuba too. He still has a contract with his current team overseas that will need a buyout in order for him to come over and play. It might be one of the reasons why he's falling in some mock drafts.

The Jazz definitely like Grimes, but Grimes isnt the faller. Grimes the guy they would draft if everything went normal and they didnt trade the pick.

The Jazz definitely like Grimes, but Grimes isnt the faller. Grimes the guy they would draft if everything went normal and they didnt trade the pick.
I think there is a chance he lasts into the 30s if we move back too. Is it time yet?

I'm just gonna dare to dream and say its Butler that is falling... teams are worried about the medicals. Total guess.

I'm honestly going to be disappointed if we don't do something big with how much time and energy we've put into this thread. :)

Shades of trading our lottery pick for George Hill a couple of years ago lol.

I wonder if the Jazz could trade Clarkson, get a pick back then trade for Eric Gordon and get a pick back

Basically the Jazz sell high on Clarkson, buy low on Gordon, rehab Gordon's value back to being an elite 6th man.

Not sure how this would work, but I think it's plausible?

I wonder if the Jazz could trade Clarkson, get a pick back then trade for Eric Gordon and get a pick back

Basically the Jazz sell high on Clarkson, buy low on Gordon, rehab Gordon's value back to being an elite 6th man.

Not sure how this would work, but I think it's plausible?

I would love this but it doesn’t work salary wise.