What's new

2022-23 predictions (assuming a tank)

idiot

I know that the never-ending arguments about could-a/should-a done and who is to blame are more fun. But assume trades happen. Assume our roster is (the very tank-worthy):
  • Gay
  • Alexander-Walker
  • Kessler
  • Vanderbilt
  • Bolmaro
  • Azubuike
  • Fontecchio
  • Butler
  • Grimes
  • Toppin
  • Fournier
  • Sexton (optional)
  • Horton-Tucker (optional) (or other comparable player of your choice, ie someone who could realistically be traded for Clarkson, say, but would be more of a “prospect” than a win-now player)
  • Juzang (optional)
  • Sneed (optional)
  • Bass (optional)
By the end of the year who/what is?:
  • Your starting 5 (or depth chart)
  • Leading scorer
  • Leading rebounder
  • Leading assists
  • Most minutes played
  • Best player
  • Most valuable (trade) piece
  • The piece(s) you will definitely want to keep moving forward

If that is our team, then we will really might have the worst record in the league. That team sucks! We would struggle to win 20 games.

I know that the never-ending arguments about could-a/should-a done and who is to blame are more fun. But assume trades happen. Assume our roster is (the very tank-worthy):
  • Gay
  • Alexander-Walker
  • Kessler
  • Vanderbilt
  • Bolmaro
  • Azubuike
  • Fontecchio
  • Butler
  • Grimes
  • Toppin
  • Fournier
  • Sexton (optional)
  • Horton-Tucker (optional) (or other comparable player of your choice, ie someone who could realistically be traded for Clarkson, say, but would be more of a “prospect” than a win-now player)
  • Juzang (optional)
  • Sneed (optional)
  • Bass (optional)
  • Your starting 5 (or depth chart)
  • Leading scorer
  • Leading rebounder
  • Leading assists
  • Most minutes played
  • Best player
  • Most valuable (trade) piece
  • The piece(s) you will definitely want to keep moving forward
This team might have more talent than the 04 jazz. The year after Stockton retired and Malone signed with LA. All the experts said the jazz wouldn’t win more than 9 games and they ended up winning 42 games. I think they just missed the playoffs by a couple games or something. Somehow Coach Jerry Sloan didn’t win COY that year

Just wanted to throw that out there.

This team might have more talent than the 04 jazz. The year after Stockton retired and Malone signed with LA. All the experts said the jazz wouldn’t win more than 9 games and they ended up winning 42 games. I think they just missed the playoffs by a couple games or something. Somehow Coach Jerry Sloan didn’t win COY that year

Just wanted to throw that out there.
Say the name damnit... it was the Ben Handlogten era!!!!

Here's my best guesses. There seems to be a lot of smoke around Sexton...if the Jazz do end up acquiring him, he'll likely lead the team in most categories.

• Your starting 5 (or depth chart)- Sexton, Grimes, Fontecchio, Vanderbilt, Kessler
  • Leading scorer- Sexton
  • Leading rebounder- Dok
  • Leading assists- Sexton
  • Most minutes played- Vanderbilt
  • Best player- Sexton?
  • Most valuable (trade) piece- Vanderbilt or Sexton
  • The piece(s) you will definitely want to keep moving forward- Vanderbilt and possibly Kessler

Say the name damnit... it was the Ben Handlogten era!!!!
Thing I remember most about that year was Sasha Pavlovic coming out hot as a 6-8 19 year-old rookie SG with 14 points in an upset win over Portland in the first game of the season.

Thought we had a star in the making ...

Thing I remember most about that year was Sasha Pavlovic coming out hot as a 6-8 19 year-old rookie SG with 14 points in an upset win over Portland in the first game of the season.

Thought we had a star in the making ...
I was really high on Sasha in his rookie year and thought he’d be a 20 ppg guy. At the time he seemed like such a better shooter than his career numbers ended up being. Also really ridiculous that we protected Jaron Collins (who I don’t believe would have been selected) in the expansion draft and left exposed our first round pick from the previous year.

I’d lol if we orchestrated Don to Sacramento and then Sexton took his spot in the all star game (and as mayor?).

I think I'm going to assume that a Sexton trade doesn't come through (also that a THT trade doesn't materialize).

Then out of those, I'm going with:

Depth chart
PG: Bolmaro, Butler (I may ride the Bolmaro as PG idea until long after it dies)
SG: Grimes, NAW, Juzang
SF: Fournier, Fontecchio, Sneed
PF: Toppin, Vanderbilt, Gay (Toppin starts because the lineup desperately needs some dynamism, though Vanderbilt may ultimately play more minutes)
C: Dok, Kessler

Leading scorer: Fournier (yikes!)
Leading rebounder: Vanderbilt
Leading assists: Butler
Most minutes: Grimes
Best player: Grimes
Most valuable trade piece: Fontecchio, Toppin
Pieces to keep: Vanderbilt, Grimes, Bolmaro, (probably) Kessler

I’d lol if we orchestrated Don to Sacramento and then Sexton took his spot in the all star game (and as mayor?).
How are you not chiming in on the big debate about your metaphor in the other thread? We are basically analyzing it as though it was one of Jesus' parables and you over here talking about trading Don to Sac.

How are you not chiming in on the big debate about your metaphor in the other thread? We are basically analyzing it as though it was one of Jesus' parables and you over here talking about trading Don to Sac.
I know. It’s really easy for me to make quick smart *** comments but harder to get the mental stamina to mount an argument because I’m long-winded. I’m coming back for sure, tonight or tomorrow morning, bu I even posted a thread in general discussion that I need to respond to because the response will take longer.

I know. It’s really easy for me to make quick smart *** comments but harder to get the mental stamina to mount an argument because I’m long-winded. I’m coming back for sure, tonight or tomorrow morning, bu I even posted a thread in general discussion that I need to respond to because the response will take longer.
All I care about is your view on the value of raffle tickets.

Depth Chart
PG
: Sexton | Butler
SG: Grimes | NAW
SF: Fontecchio | Bolmaro | Bass
PF: Toppin | Gay
C: Vanderbilt | Kessler | Udoka

Leading scorer: Sexton
Leading rebounder: Vanderbilt
Leading assists: Sexton
Most minutes played: Sexton
Best player: Sexton/Grimes
Most valuable: Vanderbilt

Pieces to keep going forward: Grimes, Fontecchio, Bolmaro, Toppin, Vanderbilt, Kessler