What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

Also I thought that according to the Heat insider they put the request in on Monday. Why would they put in 2 requests?
It's like hitting the crossing button at intersections. Pound that sucker multiple times with multiple beeps because why not.

Davon Reed gone too... the cheap 3 and D wings are gonna be gone here soon.

Based on the deals Sixers are doing I think Thybulle is definitely on the move soon.

Also I thought that according to the Heat insider they put the request in on Monday. Why would they put in 2 requests?

Because another team upped their offer mid-week and the Jazz had a deadline of today for trade offers. Miami had to improve their offer and submit it today.

It's a back-and-forth process.

Because another team upped their offer mid-week and the Jazz had a deadline of today for trade offers. Miami had to improve their offer and submit it today.
It sounds like the player he was referring to was Kevin Durant. Two teams in a bidding war, multiple years on his deal, would leak it if they didn't move him. And then it comes out that Miami/Phoenix were in on him and it leaked today.

The fact that the Jazz only have like one wing left on the roster makes me wonder if a Gobert trade is coming eventually.

It sounds like the player he was referring to was Kevin Durant. Two teams in a bidding war, multiple years on his deal, would leak it if they didn't move him. And then it comes out that Miami/Phoenix were in on him and it leaked today.

The Heat are offering a beaucoup package for Mitchell. It's news now. They offered a deal on Monday as reported by Eric Walden and updated their trade proposal today per this other guy.

The Heat are offering a beaucoup package for Mitchell. It's news now. They offered a deal on Monday as reported by Eric Walden and updated their trade proposal today per this other guy.
So according to the Heat guy then, Donovan has request a trade from the team. With everyone preparing to pony up offers for Kyrie/KD seems like now would be the time to be public about it.

Also the Athletic said we could potentially land Durant for Don. Why would we trade him to Miami?

The fact that the Jazz only have like one wing left on the roster makes me wonder if a Gobert trade is coming eventually.
Its gonna be like Toscano Anderson, Kent Bazemore, Trevor Ariza signings.

This is correct, link in case anyone wants to read it: