What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

if Clippers paying that 47mil?
He's getting paid 47 million.

If you had a coworker who did the same job as you and you knew he was getting 47 million to do it and you only got 1 million per year, and you were outperforming him, would you care that much what the source was?

You can't even adhere to your own goofy logic.

Conley was a top 10 PG this season who had a bad playoff series. Stop the overreaction.
Curry?
Trae Young?
Harden?
CP3?
Jrue?
Luka?
Kyrie?
Dejounte Murray?
Lamelo Ball?
Garland?
Haliburton?
SGA?
Fox?
Vanvleet?
Marcus Smart?
Lowry?
DAngelo Russell?
McCollum who's basically now a PG for NOLA?

I'm not even counting Dame, Jamal Murray and Ben Simmons who missed the season, so 17th best PG is being generous for the old man. Tell me why Conley should be ranked ahead of half of these guys to justify your argument.

How's Conley better than Jalen Brunson right now?

Face the truth. Even though it's harsh sometimes

Last edited:
Curry?
Trae Young?
Harden?
CP3?
Jrue?
Luka?
Kyrie?
Dejounte Murray?
Lamelo Ball?
Garland?
Haliburton?
SGA?
Fox?
Vanvleet?
Marcus Smart?
Lowry?
McCollum who's basically now a PG for NOLA?

I'm not even counting Dame, Jamal Murray and Ben Simmons who missed the season, so 17th best PG is being generous for the old man. Tell me why Conley should be ranked ahead of half of these guys to justify your argument.
31st player in BPM this year. Not sure where that ranks exactly among the players you want to define as PG's for the sake of your argument, but it's roughly in the top 10 or just outside of it.

Impact on winning. Conley is the final piece that took us from a good offense to a historically great offense. A bad post-season doesnt erase that no matter how goofy yall want to be.

31st player in BPM this year. Not sure where that ranks exactly among the players you want to define as PG's for the sake of your argument, but it's roughly in the top 10 or just outside of it.

Impact on winning. Conley is the final piece that took us from a good offense to a historically great offense. A bad post-season doesnt erase that no matter how goofy yall want to be.
yeah according to BPM, Montrezl Harrell is ranked ahead of Bam and Robert Williams is ranked ahead of Rudy.

Oh, and apparently the GArBaGE Mitchell you often despise is the 19th best in BPM. And JAe CRoWDer is 61th best in BPM as well.

Speaking of shooting yourself in the foot. Whatever fits your narrative Cy no matter how ridiculous it is.

if you look at advance metrics only without referencing basic stats, both Mcgee and Boban should be max players.

What would other teams GMs say if you tell them Conley is better than those PGs listed cuz he's a "final piece" and has a better "impact of winning"? What has Conley won in his career exactly, besides making a Conference Final appearance as a bus rider with huge injury luck?

Last edited:

100%. Some people don’t understand the game of basketball. Half the people on that list aren’t even point guards!

Oh, and John Wall's total salary this year is 47 million dollars, higher than Kawhi Leonard or Paul George. Is that going to ruin the locker-room?
Lol, what a stupid argument. Sure he's getting paid...that's what contracts are for but not by LAC. Why would that bother other players that Houston is paying him his contract? You're embarrassing yourself.

Now, he's securing his path to a more-desirable team – the Clippers – by taking a buyout. Source: Rockets and John Wall have reached a buyout agreement, shaving $6.5 million off of his $47.4 million salary. The Clippers can pay Wall the taxpayer mid-level exception, which projects to be worth about $6.5 million.

Also pretty amazing to me that we went through the draft and will likely start free agency without a coach.

The free agents that intrigue me:
• Isaiah Harenstien, C, Clippers - Only 24 and has been extremely productive in limited minutes with the Clippers.
• Gary Harris, SG, Magic - Was once very highly regarded but has had some injuries and been in a bad situation. Only 27 and was healthy last year.
• Chris Boucher, F/C, Raptors - Unique player that provides defensive versatility and some floor spacing, just hasn't ever been in a huge role.
• Nic Batum, F, Clippers - One of the best role playing forwards in the NBA.
• Kyle Anderson, F, Grizzles - Unique combo forward that would bring us a solid secondary playmaker especially if we lose Mike.
• Bruce Brown, SG/SF, Nets - Super high energy role player that does a little bit of everything.

@Saint Cy of JFC

I usually somewhat agree with you but I think you just pretty much destroyed every argument you've ever had here by using such a useless stat.
BPM certainly isn't useless. Yeah it has it flaws. Bigs will often dominate a lot of advanced stats because they get easy counting stats on high efficiency.

That isn't Conley though.

yeah according to BPM, Montrezl Harrell is ranked ahead of Bam and Robert Williams is ranked ahead of Rudy.

Oh, and apparently the GArBaGE Mitchell you often despise is the 19th best in BPM. And JAe CRoWDer is 61th best in BPM as well.

Speaking of shooting yourself in the foot. Whatever fits your narrative Cy no matter how ridiculous it is.

if you look at advance metrics only without referencing basic stats, both Mcgee and Boban should be max players.

What would other teams GMs say if you tell them Conley is better than those PGs listed cuz he's a "final piece" and has a better "impact of winning"? What has Conley won in his career exactly, besides making a Conference Final appearance as a bus rider with huge injury luck?
I think Mitchell is garbage? That's funny.

I've said countless times I think he is one of the best scorers in the NBA. I just hate his play style and think players his size are capped in what they can do. Doesn't mean I think he sucks. Sorry if you took some emotional trolling of the Donnie Boy Fan Club as me seriously thinking he is garbage lmao.

Last edited:
Lol, what a stupid argument. Sure he's getting paid...that's what contracts are for but not by LAC. Why would that bother other players that Houston is paying him his contract? You're embarrassing yourself.

Now, he's securing his path to a more-desirable team – the Clippers – by taking a buyout. Source: Rockets and John Wall have reached a buyout agreement, shaving $6.5 million off of his $47.4 million salary. The Clippers can pay Wall the taxpayer mid-level exception, which projects to be worth about $6.5 million.

Only a select few players are bothered by the pay thing (like John Wall, the dude who was bothered that some random PG on another team made more than him). So if you're going to raise a huge stink about some select few players caring that much about intra team pay, I was just pointing out it exist for total pay outside the team too. Don't shoot the messenger for telling you facts.