What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

I'm higher on him than that. I was critical of him because he was passive in a couple games this year against UNC. But you remember when people used to say, "Man, Ben Simmons, if that guy ever develops a jump shot, he's going to be like a top-5 MVP candidate." I'm close to there on Paolo. Not quite, but close. His ceiling could be a top-5 MVP candidate. I think he's better than on-the-ball-Blake. He's more fluid, and he's a better shooter for sure.

The only question is how valuable this player-type is. He's going to be just a beast in the post.

I can see people choosing Jabari Smith #1. It's simple. The guy can just raise up and drill 3pt jumpers like the defender isn't even there. Plus, he's a defensive presence and he's got potential to develop an in-between game. The issue is that at the end of the day, you want your franchise player to be an unstoppable offensive force. Paolo can do an awful lot offensively, and he can create it all for himself. You can just give him the ball and tell the other team--okay, try and stop this. So much of the game these days is scoring in isolation or driving and kicking out to shooters. I can see Paolo being really, really strong at both of those things.

This was my take on Paolo last year. I thought he should go #1.

I was not about Paulo but wasn’t surprised he went #1 nor do I think he was undeserving.

I still hold reservations about his impact on winning basketball but will probably be wrong.

I was not about Paulo but wasn’t surprised he went #1 nor do I think he was undeserving.

I still hold reservations about his impact on winning basketball but will probably be wrong.
Well Orlando was better offensively and defensively with him off the court. So hot air isnt off the table and wouldnt be the first ROY that doesnt cash that ticket.

Still wish we had found a way to get a pick in the middle of the 1st. I liked Ochai and I guess that counts. Several good wings in there. It is and was crazy that Eason went at 17 and even crazier that I think he might end up the best player the Rockets draft during the tank years.

On the Rockets and Nets: the Nets should trade Bridges to Houston for all of their outstanding draft assets from the Harden trade and whatever else they can get. The Nets could stop ****ing around with whatever it is they’re doing and the Rockets would maybe actually have a snowballs chance in hell at being good if they’re suddenly going all-in again.

This was my take on Paolo last year. I thought he should go #1.
To be fair you also said that self-creation and iso are important and thats why Paolo is great.

Next we need to go tell that to the two finalists. Dont need to tell that to the Suns, Hawks, Sixers and Cavs. They have it figured out.

Still wish we had found a way to get a pick in the middle of the 1st. I liked Ochai and I guess that counts. Several good wings in there. It is and was crazy that Eason went at 17 and even crazier that I think he might end up the best player the Rockets draft during the tank years.
Ochai and Kessler. We got 2 picks last year.

A backcourt with Dyson Daniels and Dalen Terry together would be pretty cool. Both are 6'7" / 200-lbs with long wingspans, solid-to-plus athleticism and good defensive instincts. Both average 5+ assists per 36 mins. and can play on and off the ball. Both are effective as drivers. If you're a believer in the 'positionless' model with multiple ball handlers, those two could be an impactful tandem on the perimeter.

Also, don't be surprised if Terry gets picked just outside the lottery.
God damn that would be the most *** backcourt imaginable