What's new

2023 annual Jazzfanz all time NBA draft

I have the whitest team in the history of this competition. Lol you have to wear sunglasses just to play my team.

Yao
McHale
Bird
Doncic
Payton

Other than Doncic all my guys are good to great defenders. Even Bird was on 3 all defensive teams, McHale and Yao were good rim protectors and Payton… nuff said there. All my guys are willing passers and elite playmakers and smart savvy players. This would be a fun team to watch with some shades. Lol. It’s not the greatest shooting team but also not a bad shooting team. Both Yao and McHale could shoot outside just didn’t have 3pt range. Bird, Doncic and Payto all capable of getting hot from 3. Yao would be soooo much better and lethal inside with Bird and Doncic feeding him.

Not necessarily but you have a huge advantage if you take Magic or Bird imo...taking a useful pre 79 player sets you up for success later.
That is kind of my thinking as well. If I could do it over again I probably would have gone with Magic since the 80's was such a loaded decade.

Anyone wish they went a different direction earlier with how the board ended up falling?
Nah. I’m happy with how things have gone so far. Aside from not being aggressive enough to cash in on a couple of trades I was looking at, I’ve pretty much gotten exactly who I wanted in every spot. There’s only one guy that I had a shot at and truly messed up my board.

Anyone wish they went a different direction earlier with how the board ended up falling?
I probably should have paired Luka with Shaq. Trying to find shooter/distributors became a big deal afterwards, would’ve been better to just fill in a team between those two.

It can be hard to know when dudes like Luka will/should be taken. But since he went directly after my pick it definitely wouldn’t have been a reach. I like Barkley, but would swap if I was redrafting.

I probably should have paired Luka with Shaq. Trying to find shooter/distributors became a big deal afterwards, would’ve been better to just fill in a team between those two.

It can be hard to know when dudes like Luka will/should be taken. But since he went directly after my pick it definitely wouldn’t have been a reach. I like Barkley, but would swap if I was redrafting.

Shaq and Luka would’ve been scary.

Yeah good thing i checked we’re going with the year they’re drafted not the best year.. lol.. my first year doing it with these restrictions.

All good though i think its much more fun having this wrinkle build in kudos to whoever thought of the era restriction.

I liked how I drafted early but I missed out on a couple of guys I wanted and panicked so my last couple picks have been subpar and my team is not where it should be

I liked how I drafted early but I missed out on a couple of guys I wanted and panicked so my last couple picks have been subpar and my team is not where it should be
I really didn’t like your Al Horford pick. I just don’t see him as a starter worthy dude in this. If I was you I would’ve drafted a different position then drafted a floor spacing five that’s more worthy than go with Horford. IMO

Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Alex English
Clyde Drexler
Kyrie Irving

I'm feeling pretty good about my team. Like the Big Fundamental himself, it doesn't jump out at you very much, but as you examine it, there are really not many deficiencies.

Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Alex English
Clyde Drexler
Kyrie Irving

I'm feeling pretty good about my team. Like the Big Fundamental himself, it doesn't jump out at you very much, but as you examine it, there are really not many deficiencies.
Going to be a crowded paint. Howard, Duncan, English, and Drexler pretty much operate inside the 3pt line