What's new

2023 annual Jazzfanz all time NBA draft

I think it would be a travesty to leave any league MVP off of a team in one of these drafts.

I don't want to play 2 more rounds for end of bench guys.
We’ve done that before, and most people lost interest. 10 rounds is fine. I’m content with who I ended up with on my team. After the waiver period, I’ll post my annual list of snubs. 3 or 4 jump out to me right off the bat.

I do like the idea of a waiver period to switch one player. That’s an interesting twist and could allow for you to fill a team need if it’s available. I like it.

This is completely out of nowhere but I'm not too proud to admit that I knew virtually nothing about David Thompson until @The Fresh Prince drafted him and didn't know that Ralph Sampson was perimeter-oriented until a year or two ago.

I doubt anyone has in depth knowledge about all of the players drafted. Most people's knowledge of players before the 80s is based on highlights videos and a cursory look at stats.

I doubt anyone has in depth knowledge about all of the players drafted. Most people's knowledge of players before the 80s is based on highlights videos and a cursory look at stats.
I’ve got some knowledge, but it comes from doing this draft every year for the past 10+ years. Done a lot of fact finding over the years on soooo many pre 80’s players. Learning the history of guys like Big O, Bill Russell Moses Malone, Cowens and Bob Cousy is so entertaining

I always learn a lot about nba players and the history of the league by doing these drafts.
Every year I look up Wilt and am constantly finding new records he holds that I didn't notice before.

For example:
  • Only player in NBA history to lead the league in points and rebounds the same season (a feat he accomplished six times)

Last edited:
Every year I look up Wilt and am constantly finding new records he holds that I didn't notice before.

For example:
  • Only player in NBA history to lead the league in points and rebounds the same season (a feat he accomplished six times)

I take it I can count on your vote then? :D

For example:

Did you know he holds the record for most minutes played in a game without a FG attempt? Almost sounds unbelievable.

46 mins - 0 points, 0 FGA, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals.

3/27/1973 vs Milwaukee

Seriously doesn’t sound real.

Did you know he holds the record for most minutes played in a game without a FG attempt? Almost sounds unbelievable.

46 mins - 0 points, 0 FGA, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals.

3/27/1973 vs Milwaukee

Seriously doesn’t sound real.
That's crazy. Think he was being criticized for shooting too much that year?