What's new

2023 Jazzfanz all time draft competition finals team B vs. Team A

Who would win in a seven game playoff series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Who would win in a seven game NBA finals series Team A or Team B?

Team A
C- Embiid, Karl Anthony Towns
Pf- Jaren Jackson, Chris Bosh
Sf- Ron Artest, Detlef Schrempf
Sg- Michael Jordan, Rick Barry
Pg- Penny Hardaway, Brandon Roy

Vs

Team B
Steve Nash '05-06 // Joe Dumars '92-'93
Vince Carter '00-'01 // Pistol Pete '76-'77
Lebron James '12-'13 // Mikal Bridges 22-23
Lauri Markkanen 22-23 // Blake Griffin 16-17
Marc Gasol 16-17 // Ralph Sampson 84-85

B gets more out their supporting cast (cuz Lebron is the most perfect player ever and happy to facilitate) and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (premium shooting/spacing [true 5-out AND twin towers main lineup] + premium speed/athleticism/rim-pressure [Vinsanity, Lebron, Griffin, Lauri] + some of the best creators and passers at their respective positions [Nash, Lebron, Marc, Pistol]) that will simply be a nightmare to defend for any team. B's defense could be better (could also be worse) but the tradeoff was to be so unguardable as to break the game.

A’s supporting cast is really good (my favorite of an MJ team in these contests), but they just do not match up athletically and the ball movement is pretty weak (Brandon Roy is the backup PG?).

Last edited:
B gets more out their supporting cast (cuz Lebron is the most perfect player ever and happy to facilitate) and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (premium shooting/spacing [true 5-out AND twin towers main lineup] + premium speed/athleticism/rim-pressure [Vinsanity, Lebron, Griffin, Lauri] + some of the best creators and passers at their respective positions [Nash, Lebron, Marc, Pistol]) that will simply be a nightmare to defend for any team. B's defense could be better (could also be worse) but the tradeoff was to be so unguardable as to break the game.

A’s supporting cast is really good (my favorite of an MJ team in these contests), but they just do not match up athletically and the ball movement is pretty weak (Brandon Roy is the backup PG?).

I don’t buy that LBJ is the most perfect player ever or that he’s more skilled than Jordan. Jordan has the greatest killer instinct I’ve ever seen in any sport. Imo he always made the right play. If he needed to pass off for an open last game winning shot he did. But he was so good that he could put the team on his back in a way LBJ never could. Make no mistake. Jordan as much as it pains me to say is/was the most perfect player ever made by god himself.

I don’t buy that LBJ is the most perfect player ever or that he’s more skilled than Jordan. Jordan has the greatest killer instinct I’ve ever seen in any sport. Imo he always made the right play. If he needed to pass off for an open last game winning shot he did. But he was so good that he could put the team on his back in a way LBJ never could. Make no mistake. Jordan as much as it pains me to say is/was the most perfect player ever made by god himself.

Also in LBJ’s prime he was very flawed in ways Jordan excelled at.

I am voting mostly against Embiid and Towns, both of whom I cannot stand.

Holy **** it finally happened (I’m team B).

I would’ve been satisfied just making the final 4. @Fosto and @sip in particular did a great job. The best builds around Wilt and MJ I can recall, and I wouldn’t have been salty at all losing to either. Both had great cases to end up on top at the end.

Last edited:
Holy **** it finally happened (I’m team B).

I would’ve been satisfied just making the final 4. @Fosto and @sip in particular did a great job. The best builds around Wilt and MJ I can recall, and I wouldn’t have been salty at all losing to either. Both had great cases to end up on top at the end.

Congrats. I voted for team A, but you also had a good team with good shooting, playmaking, and versatility.

Congrats. I voted for team A, but you also had a good team with good shooting, playmaking, and versatility.
I can respect that for sure. He really emphasized the defense AND spacing in a way that I’ve rarely seen. I stand by a certain lack of synergy and athletic punch, but MJ doesn’t necessarily need a ton of synergy. Without a doubt the most ruthless winner there ever was, and you’re doing well if you’re not making the game any harder for him.

Your approach seemed kinda similar. You got dealt a good hand being in position to get both Wilt and Kawhi which was a great pairing. I appreciate the synergy and balance of your team. Putting a bunch of high usage players that don’t space the floor and/or defend around studs like MJ and Wilt is not really nailing it, IMO, but y’all did.

Feel like Team A has more overall talent, but Team B fits the modern game and have pieces that fit better.

Plus Team A has KAT for some reason.

Feel like both teams would have trouble guarding each other for different reasons.

Think the bigs of Team A would have trouble getting off with a crowded paint and tall defenders even though there are a lot of weak links defensively on Team B.

And another draft in the record books for Jazz Fanz. And predictably another Jordan/LBJ team wins it all. Proving yet again that if you draft 1 or 2 in this thing, you're going to win. And if you don't, you won't.

Feel like both teams would have trouble guarding each other for different reasons.

Think the bigs of Team A would have trouble getting off with a crowded paint and tall defenders even though there are a lot of weak links defensively on Team B.
Not sure what world you are living in because team A's bigs would have no problem getting off against team B's.

Also not sure why you think Team A would have issues guarding Team B. Artest is the perfect guy to body up against LeBron while Penny and Jordan matchup incredibly well against Nash and Carter. Then of course you 2 have all nba defensive bigs in Jackson and Embiid against Gasol and Lauri.

Not sure what world you are living in because team A's bigs would have no problem getting off against team B's.

Also not sure why you think Team A would have issues guarding Team B. Artest is the perfect guy to body up against LeBron while Penny and Jordan matchup incredibly well against Nash and Carter. Then of course you 2 have all nba defensive bigs in Jackson and Embiid against Gasol and Lauri.
Yeah, Team B better