What's new

2023 Jazzfanz all time NBA draft competition round one team B vs. Team M

Who would win in a seven game playoff series team B or team M?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Who would win in a seven game NBA playoff series?

Team B
Steve Nash '05-06 // Joe Dumars '92-'93
Vince Carter 00-01 // Pistol Pete 76-77
Lebron James 12-13 // Mikal Bridges 22-23
Lauri Markkanen 22-23 // Blake Griffin 16-17
Marc Gasol 16-17 // Ralph Sampson 84-85

Vs.

Team M
Bill Russell- 56// Willis Reed
Scottie Pippen- 87//Bob Pettit
Khris Middleton- 12// Glen Rice
James Harden 09 // Dan Majerle
Chauncey Billips// Allen Iverson

You have the ability to change your vote if your mind is changed

Team M got a really strong bench, but I'm going to have to go with team B. I'm skeptical of Bill Russell's ability to shine against superior modern talent. Team B is bigger, got better spacing, and have the best player on thee floor. Harden's ability is diminished by the fact he doesn't have a good option for pick and roll actions.

Russell was an under-rated physical specimen. If you watched any games he played he moved like a guard in a big man's body, the Blake Griffin type before Blake Griffin. He could definitely hold his own. Petit is alway criminally underrated. And team M's defense is stellar, would be a wall to try to dig through.

You know one thing that should be established in these is the era in which the matches take place. If it is just assumed the modern day then the 3 point line, spacing and defending in space takes precedence. If it were in the era of illegal defenses then interior D and 1 on 1 D would take precedence.

Assuming modern day of course, with nothing else to go on, I still think team M is pretty stacked. Good shooters, solid defenders to make up for the sieves on D (Rice, Majerle, Iverson specifically), and strong power players. Harden could dominate with targets like this to pass to.

I think team B did place a pretty solid supporting group around LBJ. This should allow LBJ to dominate. So in the end it looks like B's bench is better, and their mix is better. It is tough to bet against prime Harden in this kind of situation, and Russell was the ultimate winner in the NBA, a coach on the floor. Tough match-up. The one thing team M is really missing is that star power, considering that voter criminally discount past stars like Russell and Petit. Stars win championships. Except, of course, Billups is the exception to that rule that won a chip without a star. It can be done.

Tough one for sure.

Bob Pettit needs to start that's all I know. Willis Reed, Iverson, Pettit, prime Rice off the bench is pretty nice too. I'd say the weak point is Pettit & Pippen vs Lauri. They'd probably eat him up as he's not a stellar defender by any means. But man, oh man prime VC and Lebron with Steve Nash could be a nightmare.

Racist Jazz fans voting for a team with three white starters and one Jazz player in the starting five…and another on the bench. Shocker!

Race has nothing to do with it my friend. Should have taken my trade offer to have Rodman at PF. Your lineup is clunky and they don’t fit all that well together. Could have had Pippen/Rodman/Russell locking down the defense behind Harden while he cooks on offense. Missed opportunity.