What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Based on?

Plus there's all the practice restrictions that come with college programs on court time. Not to mention the priorities of a college program are winning, not youth to pro development.

And again, is the competition really that much worse, or are the rules just limiting how these players play? How much different would we view college basketball if the court was NBA spaced, 24 second shot clock, and bigs couldn't camp in the key?
Based on the fact that we don't have a single player from OTE in the nba yet. At this point he has no evidence of his projecting that those things are somehow an advantage. Also the practice restriction thing is a pretty big myth. Yeah there is only a certain amount of time for formal practices but that doesn't mean they can't be in the gym all the time working on their game. These college practice facilities are insane and the training staff is elite at these big programs. Let's rehash this subject when some OTE kids have been in the nba for a few years and we can actually see how they look.

So they aren't dominant, but their team is 14-1...

Amen and Ausar have by far the leading +/- of any player. Ausar is +297 and Ausar is +285. Next highest player is 172.
There are only 2 good teams in the entire league and there team is stacked. Of course they are going to have the highest plus minus when on the best team by a considerable margin. Another thing to consider about this league is the complete lack of games played. These kids are playing hardly any games. So far in 3.5 months they have played 15 games and go weeks between games at times.

There are only 2 good teams in the entire league and there team is stacked. Of course they are going to have the highest plus minus when on the best team by a considerable margin. Another thing to consider about this league is the complete lack of games played. These kids are playing hardly any games. So far in 3.5 months they have played 15 games and go weeks between games at times.
OSE leaves a lot to be desired in terms of coaching, training and competition. I’m not sure that it impacts the Thompson twins any more than any other HS kid that’s planning to jump straight into the draft. I’m pretty sure that I’d be hesitant to pick them top 5, but they’re not completely off my radar. It’s all projection at this point, and I didn’t like that about Kanter or Exum when the Jazz picked them. I just think the bust factor is high for guys like that. Jazz have the draft capital to take some of those chances, but it’s definitely risky. I think a lot of it will come down to personal interviews and workouts. If they don’t come into your private workout and kill everything you put in front of them - I’d pass and go with a more established player that has more info.

Here took a stab at a big board

Victor Wembanyama
Brandon Miller
Scoot Henderson
Cam Whitmore
Jarace Walker
Amen Thompson
Cason Wallace
Ausar Thompson
Keyonte George
Jett Howard
Anthony Black
Gradey Dick
Jordan Hawkins
Brice Sensabough
Taylor Hendricks
Nick Smith
GG Jackson
Leonard Miller
Maxwell Lewis
Kris Murray
Kyle Filipowski
Rayan rupert
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Terquavion Smith
James Nnaji
Noah Clowney
Dariq Whitehead
Kel'el Ware
Colby Jones
Jalen Wilson

Victor Wembanyama
Brandon Miller
Scoot Henderson
Cam Whitmore
Jarace Walker
Amen Thompson
Cason Wallace
Ausar Thompson
Keyonte George
Jett Howard
Anthony Black
Gradey Dick
Jordan Hawkins
Brice Sensabough
Taylor Hendricks
Nick Smith
GG Jackson
Leonard Miller
Maxwell Lewis
Kris Murray
Kyle Filipowski
Rayan rupert
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Terquavion Smith
James Nnaji
Noah Clowney
Dariq Whitehead
Kel'el Ware
Colby Jones
Jalen Wilson
Nice job

Based on the fact that we don't have a single player from OTE in the nba yet. At this point he has no evidence of his projecting that those things are somehow an advantage. Also the practice restriction thing is a pretty big myth. Yeah there is only a certain amount of time for formal practices but that doesn't mean they can't be in the gym all the time working on their game. These college practice facilities are insane and the training staff is elite at these big programs. Let's rehash this subject when some OTE kids have been in the nba for a few years and we can actually see how they look.
We have plenty of players who have just sat at home, played no one, get drafted and be just fine. We saw plenty of HS players get drafted and turn out to be all time greats. We've seen guys from Europe like Giannis who've played in mystery amateur leagues.

So it's just super weird to me we are questioning OTE to such a large degree. At the end of the day talent is talent.

So they can't win with you. Cuz you said they should dominate but they do and now you say it's because they are stacked?

Best assumption on Danny's targets? Outside of overly optimistic scenarios, where we are getting elite level targets, for this roster in the higher pick range.
Who are we targetting late lottery mid 1st and late first?

So they can't win with you. Cuz you said they should dominate but they do and now you say it's because they are stacked?
There is a huge difference between there team is dominant and they are dominant. Pretty easy distinction.

Victor Wembanyama
Brandon Miller
Scoot Henderson
Cam Whitmore
Jarace Walker
Amen Thompson
Cason Wallace
Ausar Thompson
Keyonte George
Jett Howard
Anthony Black
Gradey Dick
Jordan Hawkins
Brice Sensabough
Taylor Hendricks
Nick Smith
GG Jackson
Leonard Miller
Maxwell Lewis
Kris Murray
Kyle Filipowski
Rayan rupert
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Terquavion Smith
James Nnaji
Noah Clowney
Dariq Whitehead
Kel'el Ware
Colby Jones
Jalen Wilson
Sasser is a top 20 prospect imo, Colby is a late lottery lock at this point, and don't sleep on Julian Phillips getting first round looks if he declares way before the likes of Nnaji ,Clownshow etc.

His points aren't great at all. The quality of basketball is trash and the facilities, strength and conditioning and level of coaching is mediocre compared to most of these higher end college programs.
What if there was no 1 year out of high school rule, so any player can come straight from high school. You are just judging them off high school competition (which by the way is much worse competition than OTE), how would that affect your ratings of any of these players? The OTE argument is silly because prior to the rule change people were coming straight out of high school and were still dominant despite only ever playing against high school talent. Another current example would be Shaedon Sharpe. He doesn't even play for a year and is having a fantastic rookie campaign. Also, I don't think you can say that because there haven't been any good players in OTE yet, that means the Thompson twins will be bad. I mean the inaugural season was 2021. Not much of a chance for good players to come out in only 2 years. What if the twins are the first good players to come out, because they are the first good players to play in OTE? I have ZERO issue with the competition with OTE, and more of just the twins' ability to shoot. Are they going to get better like Kawhi with his shot or are they gonna be like a Delon Wright or a Chris Livingston type that never really learn to shoot in games.

Sasser is a top 20 prospect imo, Colby is a late lottery lock at this point, and don't sleep on Julian Phillips getting first round looks if he declares way before the likes of Nnaji ,Clownshow etc.
I'll be honest I don't know a lot about players later in the draft. I have watch some tape on Nnaji and love the athletism. If he has a good work ethic he could be a decent center in the league.

Clowney I was back and forth on but he has some potential but not sure how he would fit with Kessler and Lauri. He could be a decent small ball center.

Still doing research into Colby Jones but liked what I have seen so far.

Also a big fan of Julian Phillips. He would have been next on my list

Watched some Judah Mintz tonight.

Man I really like dude. He is a terrible 3pt shooter but dude can ball and at 6’3” with a reporter 7’ wingspan, you gotta keep an eye on him.