What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

The fun part about being out of the Wemby race is that we have a super wide range of prospects to think about.
I like this draft quote a bit too… for example Becenie didn’t even have Dick on his top prospects cuz he thought it might take him a bit and he might not be a one and done… sure looks the part so far.

I just for once want at least one athletic long wing prospect… just one is all I ask.

I like this draft quote a bit too… for example Becenie didn’t even have Dick on his top prospects cuz he thought it might take him a bit and he might not be a one and done… sure looks the part so far.

I just for once want at least one athletic long wing prospect… just one is all I ask.
The Freshman class is insane. Got to think some of them return just because not everyone can be a 1st round pick.

that seems about right to me. it's wishful thinking, but i'm hoping anthony edwards continues to suck and minny can't figure out how to win with rudy and towns and maybe they sneak up to around 9 or 10 with that pick.
I have no idea what to think about Minnesota anymore. I just know they arent going to get anything about a 7th/8th seed.

Speaking of which, if you get the 7th seed, but lose all the play-in games, do you draft lottery or do you draft outside the lottery?

I have no idea what to think about Minnesota anymore. I just know they arent going to get anything about a 7th/8th seed.

Speaking of which, if you get the 7th seed, but lose all the play-in games, do you draft lottery or do you draft outside the lottery?
pretty sure it's the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs. so that 7th seed would be in the lottery.

jett howard, grady dick, mark mitchell, kyle filipowski, brandon miller and cason wallace are guys who could be available later in the lottery and mid/late first round for the Jazz who played well last night.

kinda time we start looking at guys in that range at this point.

I really like Baba Miller's defensive potential. He's switchable at 6'11" and has a nice well-rounded set of wing skills. He needs to bulk up a bit, but could play a JJJ-type role at the 4 and 5. It's looking increasingly like he'll be available in the teens, given that the NCAA is suspending him for 16 games. I would probably take Baba over both Lively and Ware at this stage.

I really like Baba Miller's defensive potential. He's switchable at 6'11" and has a nice well-rounded set of wing skills. He needs to bulk up a bit, but could play a JJJ-type role at the 4 and 5. It's looking increasingly like he'll be available in the teens, given that the NCAA is suspending him for 16 games. I would probably take Baba over both Lively and Ware at this stage.
Baba Miller is one of the higher upside guys who might be available mid to late first if he doesn't have a standout freshman year

Lively seems like a pretty safe bet to be a good big in the NBA. Ware has to prove he has a motor and can play hard.

I would be very surprised if we make all 3 first round picks. We already have a lot of guys to develop. I assume we combine them to move up or make a trade with them for a player or future pick/s.