What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I think the chance that the Jazz draft Gradey Dick at #9 is better than 30%. He's a bankable shooter and ball mover who can play pick and roll with our bigs. He's got great feel and IQ. If the Jazz don't take him at #9, he's going to end up at Orlando (11) or OKC (12). The only question is whether he's going to get roasted on defense.
I don't remember Ainge ever picking a 1 dimensional player though?

Oh that's strange for the Wizards to pick another SG next to Beal..
He’s a wing. They have wings/forwards but they aren’t like irreplaceable types. They need to take BPA as they are headed for a retool in a year or so. Should consider offloading Beal now before the new cba kicks in.

Ainge does not typically draft guys that fit the Dick (going for the best shooter in draft guy) or Hendricks (late riser and/or lanky type) archetypes. The guys Ainge drafts a lot are:

1. Wings who look the part in a standard way (not lanky body types)
2. Scrappy, potentially undersized guards
3. Guys who fell due to injury
4. Blue chips who fell (maybe due to injury)

IMO, the Ainge guys in this draft are:
Cam
Wallace
NSJ
GG
Dariq

After looking at it… honestly if the board fell that way I’m cool with those picks. Likely prefer Hawkins over Murray and Bilal or a couple other dudes over Lewis but that’s the right type of gamble. If we go pg at 9 I’m hoping that Miller is still there at 16.

Yeah, given who was still available with our picks, I don't hate it. I definitely would prefer Bilal over Lewis at 28, but I honestly think we likely end up trading that pick anyway. I'll be stoked if Miller is still there at 16, but it seems kind of unlikely at this point.

Don't care if tanking didn't guarantee us a #1 pick, but with generational talent there you just have to ****ing take a risk and full send the tank.

This is so stupid. Spurs are going to be elite for the next decade now. Jazz meanwhile will be a treadmill playoff team that will give this fanbase a false sense of hope we can make a playoff run every now and then.

We are a small market. The ONLY way we will ever win a title is to tank and get a #1 pick. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown. Downvote me away clowns
Spurs need a lot more help than Wemby to be a contender. They won 20 games.

Last edited:
Ainge does not typically draft guys that fit the Dick (going for the best shooter in draft guy) or Hendricks (late riser and/or lanky type) archetypes. The guys Ainge drafts a lot are:

Cam
Wallace
NSJ
GG
Dariq
This... (minus NSJ)

Cam
Wallace
NSJ
GG
Dariq
I think people are really grasping at straws trying to peg Ainge as any type of drafter. He has drafted everything there is to draft.