What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I'm pretty keyed in on GG Jackson and Jarace Walker. Jazz need a 6'8" or 6'9" athletic forward who is dynamic and versatile enough for the Jazz to play through.

Dereck Lively, Kel'el Ware and Baba Miller are all worthwhile center prospects, and one of them might slip to the mid-late teens.

Last edited:
I’m pretty hyped for next years draft and I’m also hyped to watch college basketball again. It’s a tough watch when I’m not looking to form opinions on future nba guys.

I think he ends up going in the lottery, unfortunately. Take a look at Chris Livingston for that range though.
It’s probably not likely, but it’s definitely a possibility that MIN ends up in the play-in games and ultimately doesn’t make it to the playoffs. Again, not likely, but that’s the scenario that plays out that gets us in the running to get George.

Anyone know who is going to round out the G-League ignite roster?

I'm most interested to see how Wemby's team uses him. If he's playing a Porzingis role I'm going to be sad.

Anyone know who is going to round out the G-League ignite roster?

I'm most interested to see how Wemby's team uses him. If he's playing a Porzingis role I'm going to be sad.
How do you want to see him used?

How do you want to see him used?

I want to see him playing like a big. Every time I've watched Wemby play, he mostly just uses his height to shoot over players in the mid range. Loves to post up/faceup in the mid post but he settles for that jumper almost every time. Very cool when they go in, but it leaves a lot to be desired. With his height and talent he should be creating premium looks for himself and teammates, but it often ends up as a bunch of jumpers and the percentages have never been great. One of the reasons I was so high on Chet is because he used his length+skill to get easy shots around the basket. His jumper was a complimentary instead of the main weapon. I think Wemby can be very good if he has the same inside out mentality....but if he plays the way he does when I've watched him he has to be a super elite shooter to be effective. When I read opinions about him from people who have watched him much more they echo the same concerns I have.

I want to see him playing like a big. Every time I've watched Wemby play, he mostly just uses his height to shoot over players in the mid range. Loves to post up/faceup in the mid post but he settles for that jumper almost every time. Very cool when they go in, but it leaves a lot to be desired. With his height and talent he should be creating premium looks for himself and teammates, but it often ends up as a bunch of jumpers and the percentages have never been great. One of the reasons I was so high on Chet is because he used his length+skill to get easy shots around the basket. His jumper was a complimentary instead of the main weapon. I think Wemby can be very good if he has the same inside out mentality....but if he plays the way he does when I've watched him he has to be a super elite shooter to be effective. When I read opinions about him from people who have watched him much more they echo the same concerns I have.

Seems like Wemby is pretty much unstoppable from the high post. He can make any pass on the floor, he can shoot a little middy and he can get on the rim in one or two steps. If he has a little floater or baby hook, almost no one is going to be able to contest it. I think you want to put him in the middle of the floor and let him operate, almost like Jokic. It's true that he's more of a finesse player. He's not going to back a lot of people down.

If the Jazz can get a second pick in the top half of this draft, that could be a game changer. At this point, it likely has to be from the T'wolves.

Wemby
Scoot
Smith
Jackson
Thompson
Thompson
Black
Whitmore
Walker
George
Whitehead
Lively
Ware
Baba
Wallace
Walsh
....all have at least some star potential.

Seems like Wemby is pretty much unstoppable from the high post. He can make any pass on the floor, he can shoot a little middy and he can get on the rim in one or two steps. If he has a little floater or baby hook, almost no one is going to be able to contest it. I think you want to put him in the middle of the floor and let him operate, almost like Jokic. It's true that he's more of a finesse player. He's not going to back a lot of people down.

Maybe he can can make any pass on the floor, but he doesn't pass. And he's actually very stoppable from the high post because he almost always shoots the mid range which he does not make at a very high rate. You can't stop him from shooting it, but it's also very good when he shoots them. He needs to use his size/skill to get good shots, right now it mostly amounts to him taking bad mid range shots he's not good at. You see a lot of his highlights are mid range shots, but that's because he takes so many of them. When he decides to put the ball down on the floor and attack he will be dangerous....but he is allergic to contract and in love with fadeaway jumpers. Defensively, he looks great. Offensively, he looks unique but not necessarily very good.