What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Cam Whitmore is finally getting some rotation minutes and the guy can score. Per 36 min he's at 28pts 7.5 reb and 2.5 stls. He's crazy athletic and powerful which makes for some highlight dunks, but he's also a 40% 3pt shooter. I've heard people talk about the Thompson's athleticism and compare them to a gazelle. My comparison for Cam would be a panther.

I think if Cam was playing for Portland or Detroit he would be putting up crazy counting stats and have regular highlight plays and be considered top 3 in the ROY race.

I believe 11 rookies get in to the rising stars game, who do you think should get in?

Here's mine.
1. Chet
2. Wemby
3. Jaime
4. Miller
5. Ausar
6. Podz
7. Lively
8. Keyonte
9. Cason
10. Black
11. Scoot

Either Amen or Bilal easily over Black
Wow, I totally forgot Bilal, not sure how. He would definitely be top 11, so I need a revision, but I'll wait until closer to the all star game because taking a guy out will be tough.

I don't think I would take Amen over Black. Anthony Black has been starting and in the rotation for one of the top teams in the East. He's not putting up counting stats, but is a key part of their defense. Amen has played almost 20 less games and hasn't exactly been so great in those games to take him over Black.

The other honorable mentions would be Hawkins, who had a really nice stretch and Camara who is playing great defense.

Either Amen or Bilal easily over Black
Ya bilal for sure. He has been really good statistically

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Wow, I totally forgot Bilal, not sure how. He would definitely be top 11, so I need a revision, but I'll wait until closer to the all star game because taking a guy out will be tough.

I don't think I would take Amen over Black. Anthony Black has been starting and in the rotation for one of the top teams in the East. He's not putting up counting stats, but is a key part of their defense. Amen has played almost 20 less games and hasn't exactly been so great in those games to take him over Black.

The other honorable mentions would be Hawkins, who had a really nice stretch and Camara who is playing great defense.
My guess is that if cam keeps getting burn then he will make the list

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Bilal was hooping, 6 straight games in double figures, then they went on a road trip and he's been on the struggle bus ever since. Still having some eye popping highlight plays, but I think the schedule is catching up to his body and he's hit a wall. I think we're seeing this in a few other rookies as well, but it's still been a very impressive rookie class.

One of the other rookies who has cooled down, Ausar Thompson. His shooting is awful....he's had airballs that miss the rim by like 5 feet. He's an exceptional athlete and defender, but if he can't shoot how valuable can he really be? I don't think he'll ever be able to shoot.

One of the other rookies who has cooled down, Ausar Thompson. His shooting is awful....he's had airballs that miss the rim by like 5 feet. He's an exceptional athlete and defender, but if he can't shoot how valuable can he really be? I don't think he'll ever be able to shoot.
He shouldn't be losing time to Livers though on that Piston team... I don't care how awful his shot is. Detroit's owners/front office/coach still out here acting like they a play in team.

I still like Ausar and think its worth taking a chance on him figuring out the shooting.

With the way things are trending I am feeling less sad about not tanking hard enough last year (although a top 3 pick would have been amazing).

With the way things are trending I am feeling less sad about not tanking hard enough last year (although a top 3 pick would have been amazing).
Whitmore was one of the guys that I wanted to tank for and he ended up dropping right to us and we missed the boat.

Whitmore was one of the guys that I wanted to tank for and he ended up dropping right to us and we missed the boat.
Tony Jones said he wasnt even an option for us so we didnt miss any boats. Not an option is a strong statement.

For all we know he might have told Ainge to **** off and not draft him.

Tony Jones said he wasnt even an option for us so we didnt miss any boats. Not an option is a strong statement.

For all we know he might have told Ainge to **** off and not draft him.
There is a bit more to the decision than just the on court stuff with him. It may be exaggerated but the reasons to pick him were all stuff that we wouldn't be privy to unless the FO disclosed it.