What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I think Black and Cason Wallace are about as easy a plug and play fit as there are outside the top 4-5 guys… not that you should draft that way but those guys would be able to get minutes right away.

Agree… Wallace and Keyonte is an interesting argument… I think Cason is a way safer pick but need to watch more on Keyonte.

That would be a tough call for sure. I would probably take Keyonte because I think he has a higher ceiling, but I really love Wallace's defense.

Of course he’s a better prospect. He’s 6’2 though and I promise some people are against taking any players under 6’7 lol.
My problem with keyonte is I have not seen a lot of live footage of him but what I did see he was 0 for on his shooting and was taking a lot of bad shots outside of the offense. Reminded me of hero ball. That turned me off. Maybe if I could have seen more I would change but now I just have that sour taste when I think of him.

My problem with keyonte is I have not seen a lot of live footage of him but what I did see he was 0 for on his shooting and was taking a lot of bad shots outside of the offense. Reminded me of hero ball. That turned me off. Maybe if I could have seen more I would change but now I just have that sour taste when I think of him.
He averages nearly 3 assists as a 2 guard..

You can say this about nearly every freshman in this class besides Miller and Filipowski. They all have a ton of absolute dud games.

In general I'm just not a big combo guard guy, but they can be valuable. Big wings just have a higher floor of usefulness on defense and a higher ceiling of potential dominance in the playoffs, so I get why most of us have boners for them.

The Jazz will need some off the dribble volume shooting from a guard position at some point. Right now no one on the team provides that other than Clarkson, and he is aging and not super efficient at it.

Keyonte and NSJ were both highly regarded as ball handlers who can shoot pre-season and they haven't really planned out.

NSJ has been injured and when he's healthy he just doesn't look good enough to me. I love his energy on both ends and he makes some great passes, but he is allergic to contact and lives on tough shots. I think he could definitely drop to late lottery to potentially out of the lottery

Keyonte has had big time games vs good competition, but he's been inconsistent. He's a prototype combo guard though and he's going to be a good shooter at the NBA level. He draws fouls and flashes playmaking ability. He's probably going to go top 10 regardless of tourney performance.

To say Danny Ainge and the Jazz staff would unequivocally not draft either is poppycock.

I will be the first to come and tell @ONE LOVE I was wrong if we do. I don't think I will be though. I really don't think he fits our team.
Keyonte the kind of player who is nearly a universal fit on any team. Jazz don't have what he brings on the roster outside of Clarkson at a far lower talent level.

I don't love him, but what you are saying is definitely wrong.

Watching One Love fawn over a little chump like keyonte is disgusting.

I don't think I would go that far. Nothing wrong with liking certain players. I think he will be a good to great player. I just don't think he fits with the Jazz, especially when there are other players that do.