What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

At #9, I think the Jazz would be looking at Gradey Dick. Taylor Hendricks probably goes in the top 8, Cason's going to measure out small, and Anthony Black isn't a convincing shooter.

At #16, the Jazz would be looking at Keyonte George, JHS, Brice Sensabaugh, Rayan Rupert and Sidy Cissoko. Wallace, Black, Hawkins and GG are probably gone.

Jazz can be aggressive in pursuing trades, but they need to find a willing partner.
At 16 I'd take a gamble on the three Frenchmen Rupert/Bilal/Sidy.

Last edited:
So has anyone here mentioned Maxwell Lewis? I’m scratching my head as to why he couldn’t go higher.

Great length. Nice looking shot. Can create and score off the dribble.
No love for Maxwell? Nice! I’m hyped to be the first Maxwell homer here. I think he’s gonna be great.

Lol, Bial is the French Jordan and Ryan the French Iguadala
If I couldn't get a high quality player (in the eyes of the market) like Cam or Taylor then I would just trade down and do everything I could to get all three French players. If they were in college, I think they would be 10 spots higher.

Alright, who do you realistically want to get with this new, ****** Timberwolves pick? Assume Wemby, Scoot, Miller, Thompsons, Whitmore, Walker, Hendricks, Wallace, Dick, and Black are off the board.

I'm going Bufkin (assuming the Jazz didn't grab another guard with their pick). Keyonte George would also be tempting there. I also cannot be entirely talked out of taking a flier on GG with all of the above off the board. I also like Hawkins but his game is rather unidimensional.

It's gotta be Coulibaly for me.

What's interesting about all three French wings is that they've all played some PG earlier on in their development. Sidy has obviously played a ton/is still playing some PG, Rupert talked about being a PG early on, and I'm watching this video of Bronny's AAU team play against a French U18 select team Coulibaly is playing PG for his team (Coulibaly was the MVP of the game with 25/5/4/4 on 8/10 shooting). If we don't come away with one of them I will be sad.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crQBt060BM

The level of guard play in this league right now is bonkers. One night it's Ja, then it's SGA, then it's Steph, then it's Fox, then it's Luka and Kyrie, then it's Dame... Other than maybe Scoot and Amen, is there a lead guard in this draft who can match that kind of level?

The level of guard play in this league right now is bonkers. One night it's Ja, then it's SGA, then it's Steph, then it's Fox, then it's Luka and Kyrie, then it's Dame... Other than maybe Scoot and Amen, is there a lead guard in this draft who can match that kind of level?
I believe Keyonte can be that if developed properly. But you got to give him the key to the castle and the time and patience.

I dont believe in scoot he cant shoot and neither can Amen. Until they can dont compare with some of the best players in the world. And to answer your question. No