What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

So it comes down to weather WAS would definitely take a PG or not right?

Could they also use a wing in Hendricks?

You can always use wings....but I think they have a big need at PG. One of the reasons why they got rid of Rui is that they had kind of a log jam there. They are about to give Kuzma a ton of money and have recently used draft resources on Kispert, Deni, and Davis.

It's not 100% a PG, but the PG prospects are just strong as the other prospects at #8 and the need is so much greater.

I want Walker. Sort of badly. A Lauri-Walker-Kessler front court could be really ****ing good. Yeah, we still need a point guard and shooters but no backcourt players blow me away around 9 (might have to move up for Walker) and Walker checks way too boxes when it comes to winning basketball players.

We also have a boatload of other picks to maneuver (plus Sexton, Clarkson, etc.) and move around should we have the chance to also get a guard in this draft in the teens.

Last edited:
You can always use wings....but I think they have a big need at PG. One of the reasons why they got rid of Rui is that they had kind of a log jam there. They are about to give Kuzma a ton of money and have recently used draft resources on Kispert, Deni, and Davis.

It's not 100% a PG, but the PG prospects are just strong as the other prospects at #8 and the need is so much greater.
Great info, thanks. Also Black next to a shooter in Beal negates his weakness a bit there too.

Great info, thanks. Also Black next to a shooter in Beal negates his weakness a bit there too.

Black and Wallace are both great fits next to Beal, I definitely think you want a good defensive player next to him. Wallace is kind of like the good parts of Monte Morris and Delon Wright combined.

Don't care if tanking didn't guarantee us a #1 pick, but with generational talent there you just have to ****ing take a risk and full send the tank.

This is so stupid. Spurs are going to be elite for the next decade now. Jazz meanwhile will be a treadmill playoff team that will give this fanbase a false sense of hope we can make a playoff run every now and then.

We are a small market. The ONLY way we will ever win a title is to tank and get a #1 pick. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown. Downvote me away clowns

Don't care if tanking didn't guarantee us a #1 pick, but with generational talent there you just have to ****ing take a risk and full send the tank.

This is so stupid. Spurs are going to be elite for the next decade now. Jazz meanwhile will be a treadmill playoff team that will give this fanbase a false sense of hope we can make a playoff run every now and then.

We are a small market. The ONLY way we will ever win a title is to tank and get a #1 pick. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown. Downvote me away clowns
We've got a Wemby stopper in Kessler. Don't worry.

DX Mock draft update post lottery:

1. Wemby
2. Miller
3. Scoot
4. Amen
5. Jarace
6. Ausar
7. Cam
8. Black
9. Dick
10. Hendricks

16. Clowney

I disagree we take anther big at 16 if we took 1 at 9... I think we go small and take a point guard. If one of Bufkin/Hood-Safino/Kenyonte is there I think we take one of them without blinking.

If the Jazz trade a player this year, I think it will be Colin Sexton. I think the Jazz picked him up as an appreciable asset. Sexton isn't really a point guard, and he doesn't otherwise meet the Jazz's height requirements.