What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

From the very limited sample size we have of Walker and Hendricks they seem to have both opposite and similar issues. They are similar in that they are both taking some time to learn where to be on the court in an NBA offense and defense. They are opposite in that Walker is too aggressive and causes chaos when he is on the court. Hendricks is too timid and doesn't do enough when his on the court. They should both figure things out in time and I still like them both, but would give the edge to Walker at the moment since I would rather have a young player be too aggressive than too timid.

Here is a link to the stats for all of the 2023 draft picks who have played in the G-League: https://stats.gleague.nba.com/playe...on=2023-24&SeasonType=Combined&DraftYear=2023

Again, I don't love comparing players based on basic stats, but also don't want to watch G-League games

Some of the top performers that I can see include:

- Emoni Bates - 24.8pts (47.1/45.9/75) 5.5 reb 1.8stl 2.0 blk
- Cam Whitmore - 24.3pts (48.6/43.1/78.6) 6.3reb 4.0ast 1.7stl 0.8blk
- Colby Jones - 22.3pts (55.1/45.0/37.5?) 5.0reb 5.3ast 4.7stl 0.3blk

Here is a link to the stats for all of the 2023 draft picks who have played in the G-League: https://stats.gleague.nba.com/playe...on=2023-24&SeasonType=Combined&DraftYear=2023

Again, I don't love comparing players based on basic stats, but also don't want to watch G-League games

I missed Julian Phillips: 20.3pts (46.8/47.4/57.1) 12.0 reb 2.0 ast 1.0st 0.7blk

On the other hand some guys that appear to be struggling:

- Dariq Whitehead - From what I understand the Nets are using the G-League as his rehab, so I wouldn't be too concerned
- Grady Dick - Currently shooting 18.2% fg% in only two games
- Kris Murray - Shooting 31%, but he also leads the draft class with 2.3blks

On the other hand some guys that appear to be struggling:

- Dariq Whitehead - From what I understand the Nets are using the G-League as his rehab, so I wouldn't be too concerned
- Grady Dick - Currently shooting 18.2% fg% in only two games
- Kris Murray - Shooting 31%, but he also leads the draft class with 2.3blks
dick has been straight trash wherever he has been.

dick has been straight trash wherever he has been.

His numbers are real bad. I watched a couple of his games with the Raptors and actually thought he looked pretty good. When I went back and checked his game logs those just happened to be his only games he played well. Because of this I think I have an inflated view of him, but I think he'll be fine and start shooting much much better at some point.

His numbers are real bad. I watched a couple of his games with the Raptors and actually thought he looked pretty good. When I went back and checked his game logs those just happened to be his only games he played well. Because of this I think I have an inflated view of him, but I think he'll be fine and start shooting much much better at some point.

Could it be another case of the Staukas?

Could it be another case of the Staukas?

I never paid that close of attention to Stauskas, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

At least when I watched (2-3) games Dick didn't have any problem getting his shot off and was playing ok defense.

He looks big enough and athletic enough to me, he just hasn't shot the ball well. I'm guessing he will at some point.

I never paid that close of attention to Stauskas, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

At least when I watched (2-3) games Dick didn't have any problem getting his shot off and was playing ok defense.

He looks big enough and athletic enough to me, he just hasn't shot the ball well. I'm guessing he will at some point.

I’m just speaking to a guy who inexplicably cannot shoot once he makes it to the league….though some could argue it was Nik’s low release that caused him problems. Dick looked like a really nice player when I watched him, but the shot never fell. Maybe he’s in his own head or something.

Podz seems to consistently put up good numbers.