What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I personally don’t want the jazz to do much in free agency they may be better off focusing on player development. I’d add Agbaji and Kessler in that mix.
The more I'm thinking about it... the more I feel the same way. Unless we can acquire a high level long-term piece for this team... I would prefer for us to just stay pat.

Naz Reid got about what I was expecting tbh. $14 million per year is a pretty good deal for him. Didn’t think the Wolves would be able to keep him. Going to be interesting to see what the deals look like in free agency this year.

Last edited:
Tobias and Simmons make $39 and $38 million respectively. Simmons has 2 years left. Tobias has 1.

If we trade for either it will need to include Sexton and Gay. Other contracts like Techio, Damion, etc could be used as filler.

Its not that I expect we will do this, but we CAN EASILY fit in a contract dump to save teams from paying 1 of these albatross contracts. Trade machine offered lots of methods.

I could see us grab Lowry for Sexton and Gay for example to save the hear some money and get younger. But it would require picks and young players returning.

I think Ainge wanted cap flexibility more than anything in the Lakers trade. Having it means we can make a big splash if it becomes available. Ainge doesn't fish for 20" Browns. He goes for Marlin, King Salmon, and Halibut.

Punting on our cap space while grabbing assets is a not a bad move so long as we retain flexibility. Thats how I see Tobias Harris or Lowry type trades. If they maintain flexibility AND fetch us assets, then why not?

Last edited:
I'd do this if we don't get THT back. Remove the 2024 protections for OKC and ask for a second rd pick and his rights. Unprotected pick is valuable.

Any interest in Vasilije Micic? Apparently he wants to play in the nba next year. I have only seen him on YouTube clips so not completely familiar with his game. Think he could play either guard position as he seems like a good passer and he shoots the **** out of the ball.

It would have to be a sign and trade with OKC.

I still have no idea why we would want anything to do with Tobias Harris? I can think of about 20 better ways to use our capspace and resources... Especially after we drafted Hendricks, I don't think we need another forward...
Last time he was a FA I was all in but he really underperformed in Philly so I agree... No thanks.

I think Ainge wanted cap flexibility more than anything in the Lakers trade. Having it means we can make a big splash if it becomes available. Ainge doesn't fish for 20" Browns. He goes for Marlin, King Salmon, and Halibut.

Punting on our cap space while grabbing assets is a not a bad move so long as we retain flexibility. Thats how I see Tobias Harris or Lowry type trades. If they maintain flexibility AND fetch us assets, then why not?
I agree.