What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard Milwaukee is interested in Sexton. We definitely would need to get Beauchamp and I wouldn’t even consider trading him unless we had a plan for PG lined up (like Reaves or FVV).
I'd have to have a pick in there too. Beauchamp made more sense for us last year... now we have Collins, Lauri, Kessler, Hendricks, KO... he ain't gonna play.

Not too long ago Michael Jordan was only player making 30 mil a year
Now every team has one or two or more making 30 mil
This is crazy
Hope Jazz don't think FVV is worth 30 mil a year
Currently Collins would be the only player making over $17.5M this upcoming season.

Yeah, you’re right. Definitely need whatever pick they have available.
They have 2029 and 2030 available. I think it would be a three team deal. The one I came up with is Sexton to Milwaukee, Portis to Miami, Oladipo and Allen to Utah... sprinkle in picks where needed - Maybe Miami sends a second to Milwaukee and they send a first our way.

He went on to say that if you paid attention to social media this past week, that you'd get an idea as to what he was alluding to... Clearly he's talking about Donovan hanging out with Bridges in Brooklyn.
that's juicy... I mean if Brooklyn can't get Dame... they were in on the convo last time... now the Simmons thing doesn't matter as much (although he's likely the outgoing contract)... Let's hold on to those Cavs picks... this could get interesting.

In Tony's latest article he says Olynyk will likely be the first big off the bench next season, so it sounds like he expects him to be back. I think it makes sense to keep him for now because he's one of the only good passers currently on the roster.

He also said Dunn is in the Jazz's plans for next season as of right now, though likely not as a starter.

Last edited:
Not too long ago Michael Jordan was only player making 30 mil a year
Now every team has one or two or more making 30 mil
This is crazy
Hope Jazz don't think FVV is worth 30 mil a year
Not too long ago as in a quarter of a century ago? That is the same span of time where we went from propellor airplanes to literally on the ****ing moon, mate. It’s the same amount of time between the earlier stages of the civil rights movement and Michael Jordan playing in the NBA.

Last edited:
In Tony's latest article he says Olynyk will likely be the first big off the bench next season, so it sounds like he expects him to be back. I think it makes sense to keep him for now because he's one of the only good passers currently on the roster.

He also said Dunn is in the Jazz's plans for next season as of right now, though likely not as a starter.
Here’s an idea: maybe don’t induce a logjam by taking on $78 million and the most ****ed finger in the NBA.

Something really should give if we want to see Hendricks get a real shot. With KO, we have four rotation players (one being our best player) whose best position is PF. It’s more than a little silly.

Here’s an idea: maybe don’t induce a logjam by taking on $78 million and the most ****ed finger in the NBA.

Something really should give if we want to see Hendricks get a real shot. With KO, we have four rotation players (one being our best player) whose best position is PF. It’s more than a little silly.
I do think a KO trade is still a possibility… either way we can carry him into the season… if Hendricks is good KO can be an in-season trade asset.

Not sure what the plan is but Hendricks should be positionally flexible… Lauri obviously is… Collins is a bit too. It wouldn’t have been my plan A but maybe we kicked those tires already.

Andy came up with a way to get everyone plenty of minutes, including Henricks. I don't think there's any way Hardy actually plays Hendricks this many minutes as a rookie though.

View: https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/1673760048491950081

Andy came up with a way to get everyone plenty of minutes, including Henricks. I don't think there's any way Hardy actually plays Hendricks this many minutes as a rookie though.

I’ve already gotten there. I just think we’re stretching these dudes too much. But when KO is the best playmaker of the bunch and probably the best passer on the team, it’s all rather sub-optimal.

So I like this... but I think the arrangement will be tricky. I think KO mixes well with Kessler.. but if KO is the backup 5 it is hard to mix and match that. I think an early sub of KO for JC would be ideal... then JC comes back in for Kessler and maybe you mix KO/JC/Hendricks front court... but that arrangement may not work defensively.

Its going to be a challenge and some injuries during the season may help us "find" the best arrangement.