What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Someday you gonna be in the looney bin muttering… second round picks matter… welcome to Best Buy… use your damn challenge it doesn’t rollover to the next game… churros… Royce is our stopper?

It’s okay buddy I’ll be in the next room muttering … you can’t tell me they didn’t eff the math up… Shaq Harrison is the next Alec Caruso… down payment theory is real… seriously Udoka… play Jared Butler… we didn’t tank hard enough…
What do you mean someday? This is the looney bin.

Jake Fischer from Yahoo -- I was wondering when this guy was going to show up. Doesn't say much about Utah other than the Jazz have assets to make all kinds of moves.

It sounds as though Orlando may be trying to package 6 + 11 to move up. Charlotte is going to work out Taylor Hendricks in the next week, so maybe that's evidence that the Hornets are entertaining the idea of moving back.

Houston's pick at #4 is on the market.

Detroit is also open to trading and wants to start making win-now moves.

Jake Fischer from Yahoo -- I was wondering when this guy was going to show up. Doesn't say much about Utah other than the Jazz have assets to make all kinds of moves.

It sounds as though Orlando may be trying to package 6 + 11 to move up. Charlotte is going to work out Taylor Hendricks in the next week, so maybe that's evidence that the Hornets are entertaining the idea of moving back.

Houston's pick at #4 is on the market.

Detroit is also open to trading and wants to start making win-now moves.

Kysten Peek also lives in Utah so there that connection.

If all these picks are on the market. Let's just trade all of our picks that we got from Donovan/Gobert for 4,5,6, and 10 and run it

For one thing, the teams shopping their picks are looking for bonafide, All Star or near All Star-level players rather than just more picks.

Not hot gossip but Hollinger did an article on the option years and thinks THT declines his option. Interesting cuz I thought no way he’d do it.

I think JC and THT could both opt in with the understanding they will get moved and receive extensions in other places. THT may just opt in to stay but I think both should still be considered assets as we look to make moves as it could facilitate a sign and trade type of deal without the cba handcuffs.

Here is the Hollinger column: "The former Grizzlies executive believes Jazz guard Talen Horton-Tucker ($11MM) will decline his option and test free agency, writing that his age (22) could help him get a new contract for the full mid-level exception or better. According to Hollinger, the Lakers will likely decline their $16.6MM team option on guard Malik Beasley, while the Magic will retain Gary Harris‘ $13MM deal, which is currently non-guaranteed (it will become guaranteed if he’s still on the roster July 1)."

Here is the Hollinger column: "The former Grizzlies executive believes Jazz guard Talen Horton-Tucker ($11MM) will decline his option and test free agency, writing that his age (22) could help him get a new contract for the full mid-level exception or better. According to Hollinger, the Lakers will likely decline their $16.6MM team option on guard Malik Beasley, while the Magic will retain Gary Harris‘ $13MM deal, which is currently non-guaranteed (it will become guaranteed if he’s still on the roster July 1)."
More cap space, but will be sad ti see him go as he improved a bunch

More cap space, but will be sad ti see him go as he improved a bunch
If he declines there's always the option we re-sign him on a long term contract. Not sure I'd want to if he's looking for a lot more than $11m, but the option is there.

If he declines there's always the option we re-sign him on a long term contract. Not sure I'd want to if he's looking for a lot more than $11m, but the option is there.
I’ll go ahead and pass. Not looking to lock him up long term.

I think the best option for him and JC is to opt in with the idea or agreement we are trading them somewhere they can get an extension off of their current salary. I think THT to Brooklyn for Joe Harris and a pick swap of 28 for 21 is something both teams could be interested in.

I think the best option for him and JC is to opt in with the idea or agreement we are trading them somewhere they can get an extension off of their current salary. I think THT to Brooklyn for Joe Harris and a pick swap of 28 for 21 is something both teams could be interested in.
Pick swaps probably won’t happen with any of the guys that have player options. The timing just doesn’t work. It basically limits the Jazz to using Sexton and KO for those types of deals.

I personally would love to see THT back. I think he’s just scratching the surface of his potential and he likely becomes a rotation player when they manage to get back into the playoffs.

I would be all over that. I think 21 offers some players that 28 doesn't and I really like Joe Harris. THT was really just OK for me. But I am not sure THT offers more than Harris alone so it feels a little Jazz centric.

Pick swaps probably won’t happen with any of the guys that have player options. The timing just doesn’t work. It basically limits the Jazz to using Sexton and KO for those types of deals.

I personally would love to see THT back. I think he’s just scratching the surface of his potential and he likely becomes a rotation player when they manage to get back into the playoffs.
Well we all know tampering is a thing and the Jazz can negotiate extensions with them if they want... so you simply let them know if they opt in they can be moved and get an extension. They'd have to like their destination. The timing isn't ideal but its not impossible. Its like what CP did to get to the Rockets years ago.

Its unlikely with THT... I think it is what ends up happening with JC either before or after the draft. If we sign and trade him it limits the acquirer... most of the teams with cap space won't be looking at JC. His offers may be right around MLE type offers... this way he can get his money and get to the spot he wants.

His efficiency is just too bad for me to want to re-sign him unless its really cheap and for him to be a third stringer.

His efficiency is just too bad for me to want to re-sign him unless its really cheap and for him to be a third stringer.
Agreed.
If the Jazz draft someone like JHS, Black, or Wallace I think that officially will end any need to bring back THT.

If you had asked before the deadline I would've said he picks up that option. Those Klutch boys are pretty smart and realize this might be the best shot to get their client another long term deal after all those minutes he was given the last 2 months of the season. I believe he declines the option at this point..