What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Lol at everyone worried about Cam not being able to pass. The dude is 18 years old! I think it's easier to teach passing than shooting. Cam is going to be awesome and I'll fight anyone who thinks different.
I have him as my no. 4 prospect. And his passing/vision/feel is my biggest worry about him. I don't think this is a small or insignificant wart for him. He will need to improve significantly in order to reach his potential.

Ahh, here we go. There's nothing like Sportsball drama. Grab your popcorn folks, it's time for the world to burn!
patrick-star-evil-laugh.gif

Some great things I HAVEN’T heard, and probably won’t, this week:

- The FO is being very aggressive this week.

- They/we have explored options… moving up, staying put, moving back, moving out.

Under previous administrations how often would the above have to be thrown out?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0sa1PmDmI

Tony Jones just said today that they are exploring options about moving up or down or staying put... :D

If we trade up and it's for that bum AB, Ainge should be forced into solitary confinement for the remainder of his sentence in what will soon be tank prison

What terrible reporting. He just botched who he was quoting.

"Rival teams believe the Jazz are targeting Anthony Black" =/= "The Jazz are targeting Anthony Black"
I'm a Colts fan in the NFL. The "rival teams believe team X is targeting Y" played out with hilarious consequences in the NFL draft. For a month before the draft pretty much every single national reporter was regurgitating "rival teams think Colts will select Levis". It got to the point where the odds for Will Levis to the Colts was -3000 minutes before the draft. The Colts didn't take Levis. "Other teams"/"rival teams" reports mean close to nothing.

I'm a Colts fan in the NFL. The "rival teams believe team X is targeting Y" played out with hilarious consequences in the NFL draft. For a month before the draft pretty much every single national reporter was regurgitating "rival teams think Colts will select Levis". It got to the point where the odds for Will Levis to the Colts was -3000 minutes before the draft. The Colts didn't take Levis. "Other teams"/"rival teams" reports mean close to nothing.

Anyone with a brain knew Levis sucked. I don’t even know how he was drafted in the 2nd round to be honest.

I was listening to that today too... I'm not so sure.
Heard it somewhere else too... I think he's primed for a 15-20M offer from Houston or some other rebuild if his contender market dries up. If we can get him for 15-17M per year I'm totally cool with that.

Also you won't hear Ochai's name in trade rumors and us declaring him "off limits" is smart. Reason is with rookies that aren't obviously awesome there is a discount after they are drafted. He was solid... so one team might value him much more than another team... some might see him as more of a late first type value throw in. Some might see him as a lotto type prospect... remember when we traded Lyles and a pick in the 20s for a lotto pick? Lyles at that point had less value than Ochai imo. I have more hope for Ochai than I did for Lyles... but if you aren't getting REAL value you don't move him... so you let the other team require him versus floating his name out there.

I also think they do believe in him. He seems like a wonderful person and worker... so they may see some serious potential there. It all makes sense imo.

I don't see how we trade up in the draft without moving Sexton. Tony not including Sexton as a key future piece is a huge red flag.

If we move up, who you like? I'm not big on Black, but love Jarace. However I can see why they would want black. As Jarace would play the same positions as Lauri, might not be seen as a need that high in the draft. I'm excited to find out what they do.