What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Is getting Black worth #9, the 2025 unprotected Cavs pick, and the Lakers pick to you? He is good, but that wouldn't be worth it to me.
No that is way too much to pay for Black. Players 2-10 are pretty close in talent. They are all flawed. Would rather pick Bufton and Hendricks or Ausar or Walker or Cam or Bilal. I like Black but not for 9th and two other picks.

I don't see how we trade up in the draft without moving Sexton. Tony not including Sexton as a key future piece is a huge red flag.
They can move him to match salary to get a vet they think is a better fit with LM but the fact is it will probably cost us 16 to unload Sexton for any upgrade at this point. He is imo not worth a higher pick to anyone in the 1-8 range. He hasn't played enough since we got him to know if he is ever going to be the same guy and that is a big hit on trade value.
I think we can package KO and 16 to OKC for KWill and 12 maybe throw in a Cavs swap way down the line when they might be bad again.
I think unless we are flipping LM to Portland for Simons to draft Miller,Amen or Scoot, we are going to have to give up future draft assets, not current players like Sexton to get the 5 or 6 picks.

Not easy. Double hamstring injury, small, bad defense, got scolded live on tv
again not sure why anyone thinks he will get us value coming off 2 lost seasons. He is not getting traded unless Danny pulls a fast one and convinces the other org Sexton was just held out so we could develop THT smh

It's not guaranteed to be between 5 and 34. Could be as low as #44, I believe.
It is a first round pick top 4 protected that reverts to 2nd round if they are top 4. I guess there might be a tiny less than 1% chance that yes if they were #14 going into the lottery and win that the second round pick could be 44 since it didn’t move up too.. That possibility would make taking this year’s #17 even more attractive. Maybe this year’s #17 really is much better than waiting.

So here is my fake trade of the day... three teamer...

Dallas out - THJ, Bertans, McGee, 10th pick
Dallas in - Ayton and 16th pick

Utah out - KO 16th pick
Utah In - Bertans 10th pick

Phoenix out- Ayton
Phoenix in - KO, Mcgee, THJ

Mcgee was functional in Phoenix before and gives them some trade ballast. Rumors are the market for Ayton is basically matching salary. This gives them 2 functional rotation players and some future salary relief.

Dallas gets a center and slides back 6 spots... bad money all around. They also open up close to full MLE this year.

I'm sure Phoenix is looking for a better return... but good luck there.

Not easy. Double hamstring injury, small, bad defense, got scolded live on tv
He also missed the previous season with an achilles.

I keep hearing they potentially have high interest in Keyonte George. If that's the case then it obviously makes sense to deal Sexton. They had Beasley blocking Agbaji for half the season and it would be idiotic to go down the same road with Sexton and George (assuming that's the guard they have their eye on). I'm really thinking Coulibaly and George might be the 2 prospects they really want out of this draft. My guess is the Anthony Black talk that sprung up the past day might be a huge smokescreen.

We shall find out in 48 hours.

So here is my fake trade of the day... three teamer...

Dallas out - THJ, Bertans, McGee, 10th pick
Dallas in - Ayton and 16th pick

Utah out - KO 16th pick
Utah In - Bertans 10th pick

Phoenix out- Ayton
Phoenix in - KO, Mcgee, THJ

Mcgee was functional in Phoenix before and gives them some trade ballast. Rumors are the market for Ayton is basically matching salary. This gives them 2 functional rotation players and some future salary relief.

Dallas gets a center and slides back 6 spots... bad money all around. They also open up close to full MLE this year.

I'm sure Phoenix is looking for a better return... but good luck there.
Yeah, I think PHX would rather just see how Carlisle impacts DA before settling this much.

Isaiah Todd cancelled his workout with the Jazz because he's supposedly focusing on teams with lottery picks.

He is either delusional or just doesnt want to play in Utah at all. It's rare to see Todd even land in the top 40 of most mock drafts. I don't doubt he could potentially be a 1st round pick if workouts go incredibly well, but he has no shot in hell at lottery.
This is why Isaiah Todd failed in the NBA