What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

really good group of freshmen UK has this year. i think dillingham dropped 40 in the scrimmage and of course dj wagner is no joke.

Hypothetical - let's say the jazz win the lottery and get one of the top 3 picks in this draft who you got right now for the jazz?
Right now I see the top 3 as Sarr, Holland and Buzelis. Based on our current roster I think Holland would be the pick but if Sarr is there then he may be too good pass on.

I'm okay with Buzelis. He should be able to get a bit of space and use his size to shoot over defenders. The handle and passing are intriguing, though his handle is a bit loose. I think he should probably be able adapt to the speed and physicality of the NBA. He's a bit quicker and more fluid than Jovic and Wagner, for example. If he hits, his ceiling would be high -- 6'10", NBA range, triple-threat, decent bounce. See how his scoring instincts develop and whether he's able to beat defenders and shoot off the dribble. He seems to have drive and work ethic. That said, I'm looking for the killer instinct that elite scorers have. He shows flashes, but I want to see him be more assertive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGboEohylg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twv2ryzNnwY

Last edited:
The teams that should be definitively bad this year are: Portland, Houston, Washington, Charlotte, Detroit, San Antonio, Indiana and Utah. If Utah decides they want a top-7 or so pick in this draft, it's probably within reach. We'd just need to be sure to duck Indiana.

Last edited:
First glance at Isaiah Collier -- big, physical, powerful guard who pushes the ball, gets downhill and gets to the rim. Not so much a consistent above-the-rim finisher so far, but otherwise appears to have strengths and weaknesses similar to Jaden Ivey a couple years ago. Collier might be a bit better at changing directions and speeds compared to Ivey, but doesn't show the same top gear. Shooting is a bit funky, and he hangs in the air a bit unnaturally when he shoots off the dribble. That may need to be reworked for him to be consistent from NBA range. He seems to have decent touch though, and shows some comfort with his in-between game. The shooting will need to prove out for him to be a high-level lead guard, imo, but he has tools, including toughness and physicality that are a bit rare.

Seeing how bad the Jazz looked the other night, I'm just starting to look into the draft. Off the cuff, I'd say that Sarr, Edwards and Holland look like the top 3 players to me so far. Buzelis could be 4th.

Last edited:
First glance at Ron Holland -- He can do a lot of things at a pretty high level, giving him some Swiss army-knife appeal. He shows mental maturity, focus and an ability to impact plays all over the floor. He's got advanced timing and body control with the ball in his hands and can score the ball in a variety of situations. He's very fluid and has some burst to finish at the rim. How consistently he shoots and scores in isolation probably determines his NBA ceiling. He at least looks like a solid #2-option type. I'd like to see him pass more.

Last edited:
I'm okay with Buzelis. He should be able to get a bit of space and use his size to shoot over defenders. The handle and passing are intriguing, though his handle is a bit loose. I think he should probably be able adapt to the speed and physicality of the NBA. He's a bit quicker and more fluid than Jovic and Wagner, for example. If he hits, his ceiling would be high -- 6'10", NBA range, triple-threat, decent bounce. See how his scoring instincts develop and whether he's able to beat defenders and shoot off the dribble. He seems to have drive and work ethic. That said, I'm looking for the killer instinct that elite scorers have. He shows flashes, but I want to see him be more assertive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGboEohylg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twv2ryzNnwY

i've just seen him look legit bad/disappear in HS games too many times (okay, like three) to get on board with him as an elite/top 5 prospect. no top 5 draft prospect should look as bad at the HS level as i've seen him look. that said, at a certain point even if one doesn't like a prospect much, when seemingly everybody else in the world thinks they are a much better prospect, you sorta have to have enough humility to admit you might be wrong and at least have them in the mix. a great example of that for me are the thompson twins - i had them ranked about 14 and 15 in the draft, but since everybody else had them top 5, i was willing to concede i might be wrong and would have taken either of them at 9 - and sure enough, it's looking early on like they were misses on my part. anyway that's where i'm at with buzelis.