What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

The nba just announced that the Gleague Ignite are gone after this season. I'm pretty happy about this with it being such a horrible brand of basketball. With them now being able to get paid more in college this is a win win for us and the players.

The nba just announced that the Gleague Ignite are gone after this season. I'm pretty happy about this with it being such a horrible brand of basketball. With them now being able to get paid more in college this is a win win for us and the players.
How is players having one less option a win for them?

It's a win for us. The gleague sucks and I want to enjoy watching these guys play college ball. They will also make a lot more money in college than in the gleague.
They made money in college because of the GLeague. Without it's creation we might have never seen NIL.

Taking away a competitor isn't good.

College is the better route for 90% of HS kids, but for the 10% that wasn't the GLeague was a great idea. The NBA could have executed it way better.

They made money in college because of the GLeague. Without it's creation we might have never seen NIL.

Taking away a competitor isn't good.
You can't be that dense. The gleague had nothing to do with creating NIL. NIL started because of the college football machine which obviously had nothing to do with the gleague. If guys don't want to go to college then they can go to OTE or overseas.

College basketball isn't good for scouting.

The GLeague could have been better, but it would have taken time. It failing at the early stages is not a good thing.

I get that college sports are so engrained in our psyche as Americans that it's probably impossible to ever happen so it's whatever.

You can't be that dense. The gleague had nothing to do with creating NIL. NIL started because of the college football machine which obviously had nothing to do with the gleague. If guys don't want to go to college then they can go to OTE or overseas.
The GLeague was a big part of it. Don't be a debate clown

71% from the FT line isn't amazing but its a solid starting point for an 18 yo big. I like his shooting form in the 15-18 foot range and with the turnarounds and stuff. On the three point line there seems to be a little bit of noise... not sure how to describe it but its like his legs take a second and are slower than the rest of his body. I am not assuming he can shoot. Its a swing skill... just saying he has more potential to do it than Nic ever did.

The "who will improve at shooting?" guys in this draft are kind of fascinating. I like Holland and Castle if they shoot it too. Just think if Sarr does it then you have a defensive anchor that is fluid, can handle, can shoot, and can pass. Having another offensive hub would be nice. This is of course if it all comes together.

Look... I watched the full 10 minute youtube on Sarr.... I know my **** here lol.

Tbh, I haven't done a ton of film on Sarr.....or anyone else above/below him lol.

I think the FT% is ok for a big....but that's the point. It's for a big. Remove the qualifier, and his outlook of actually being a floor spacer in the NBA isn't that good. I would also say that while having a big who can shoot is unique and a nice luxury, it's more impactful when a perimeter player develops a jump shot because it's a larger part of their game and opens up the rest. Like what do we get if Sarr ends up a good shooter, Myles Turner? Idk.

For him to be a #1 guy for me, I think I would have to see more in the ways of him creating his own shot and/or him being a truly elite defensive prospects. I've seen people who believe in both, so maybe I'll also land on that conclusion after watching him. But right now, I find the other prospects more interesting "if they can shoot". Collier and Holland, for example, would be elite prospects if they could shoot imo.

And as far as it being crazy that I have Shep #1....Yes and no for me. Yes it is crazy that a prospect of his level is going number one. But for me, anyone in this draft feels that way. I think Sarr and Risaccher are the most common #1 guys at the moment. Shep doesn't feel like a #1, but neither do those guys. I'm not sure anyone feels like a top 3 guy in this draft tbh.

I think Sarrs upside is more in his straight line attacking and playmaking than his shooting. I could see him being both an excellent rim runner and short roll guy. Kind of a Bam/Siakim hybrid of sorts. Think his body will fill out better than a guy like Claxton. Iirc he is one of the youngest dudes in the draft