What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I understand there is belief that this draft isn't very solid in the top 10. Is that the general belief about the 2nd (10-20) and 3rd layers (20-35), as well? Sometimes a draft can have solid quantity over top end quality.
Wait and see who declares/doesnt.

I understand there is belief that this draft isn't very solid in the top 10. Is that the general belief about the 2nd (10-20) and 3rd layers (20-35), as well? Sometimes a draft can have solid quantity over top end quality.
I actually think the depth of this draft is its biggest strength. Also 1-10 not having a ton of separation can be a good thing for us too.

I actually think the depth of this draft is its biggest strength. Also 1-10 not having a ton of separation can be a good thing for us too.
Yep. The depth of this draft is solid and the guys that will be around at 9 would be in the conversation for 9 in almost any draft.

Last edited:
Why is Cody Williams not starting for Colorado? I see him very high on mock drafts... weird.

Not only is he not starting, he became their 5th option when he plays. Everything they run is for their upperclassmen-- da Silva, Simpson and Lampkin. Marquette did a good job defending today, so Williams got to take some initiative on some offensive possessions, but he was out for a month or so and never really re-integrated. It'll be interesting to see what this does to his draft stock. It looks like he was just starting to round into shape today. His best film is from December.

There are about seven guys right now that I feel okay with--Risacher, Sarr, Topic, Sheppard, Holland, Willams and Buzelis, but like last year the Jazz are probably going to draft 9th and will have to take what's left.

To me Cody Williams best case is Nic Batum and his worst case is Jarrett Culver

Yeah, I like him more than that, though I tend to rate Batum more highly than many. Williams' ability to handle and drive with a low center of gravity and finish with touch is attractive for a 6'8" guy. The NCAA isn't going to do him justice. I don't think he falls out of the top 8. He needs to improve his athleticism.

Last edited:
I didn't watch Filipowski against the Catamounts of Vermont, but is there a profound reason why he didn't score a bucket in 37 minutes? I think he's a real consideration for the Jazz at #9 if they're not sold on Walter or Castle.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like him more than that, though I tend to rate Batum more highly than many. Williams' ability to handle and drive with a low center of gravity and finish with touch is attractive for a 6'8" guy. The NCAA isn't going to do him justice. I don't think he falls out of the top 8. He needs to improve his athleticism.
Dont think he has much touch at all and his handle is mediocre at best.

I think Edey might end up going in the lottery.

The question is his defensive mobility. It's not great. He's about as mobile as Porzingis was the first couple years coming back from his ACL injury. But he's such a load to deal with on the offensive end, someone will go for it.

Here's Buzelis footage from the Kenny Lofton game. I think there's a high probability the Jazz would draft him if they don't move up into the top 4 and he's somehow available to them. This is the kind of triple-threat wing they need to drive and create. His IQ is probably his best attribute, imo, but it doesn't often show in Gleague games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LAoQkbobY

Last edited: