What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

My thoughts about this draft is because there seems to be no real clear difference between 1-10 it works in the favor of teams picking 5-10 because you could get a similar quality level player as the top of the draft.

I think his floor is in the later lottery. I think ESPN currently has him at #13. More realistically, I don't think his range really even starts until 8 or 9.
So ESPN doesnt know what they are talking about when they rank Edey lottery, but are totally right on Castle and The Ringer is wrong on Castle, but right on Edey?

So ESPN doesnt know what they are talking about when they rank Edey lottery, but are totally right on Castle and The Ringer is wrong on Castle, but right on Edey?

I put Castle's range as 6-12, so I'm not in agreement with ESPN. Realistically, I could see Castle going 9 or 10.

Edey is another story. He's just funky for the modern game. And normally, I'd expect he goes in the 20+ range.

Unless he's actually an elite shooter, which I dont think he is, then he definitely isnt.

Risacher is better at a number of other things besides shooting--handling, creating, attacking, leading a break, mid-range, etc. He's just a much more dynamic player with a more complete game.

Risacher is better at a number of other things besides shooting--handling, creating, attacking, leading a break, mid-range, etc. He's just a much more dynamic player with a more complete game.
Being better at things only matters if you are better at them enough for them to appreciable NBA skills. Also given Risacher's struggles at the FT line and inconsistent 3pt shooting, I wouldnt be so quick to give him shooting when Hendricks currently has a better 3pt% and FT% in the NBA than Risacher has in the French League.

And there's this entire side of the game called defense.

IDK how many times this needs to be repeated, but Zach Edey has only played 7 years of basketball.

Let that sink in.

I've seen dudes get excited about total scrubs because they heard they started playing basketball late and we got a star who did it.

I don't see how Risacher falls to #10 without committing a felony.
There isn't a chance in hell that he slips out of the top 5 and most likely top 3. His shooting stroke is a thing of beauty and the rest of his game is really solid as well already.

There isn't a chance in hell that he slips out of the top 5 and most likely top 3. His shooting stroke is a thing of beauty and the rest of his game is really solid as well already.
Thing of beauty but he can't shoot 70% from the FT line? Say it out loud and you might hear how dumb you sound.

Thing of beauty but he can't shoot 70% from the FT line? Say it out loud and you might hear how dumb you sound.
His shooting stroke is great. That isn't even up for debate. Only someone as dumb as you would think that he doesn't project as an excellent shooter and yes that includes free throws.