What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Holland vs Castle is an interesting conversation for me. Holland was in a position where his team was always overmatched/probably did too much. Castle in a position where his team is way better than other team, makes the right play/sacrifices every game.
Not even in the same ballpark IMO. It's Castle 10/10 times. I see no scenarios where Holland is better given any role. The only thing Holland has on Castle, IMO, is raw athleticism but I dont think that raw athleticism is much of an actual advantage against Castle's "functional" athleticism/strength.

Not even in the same ballpark IMO. It's Castle 10/10 times. I see no scenarios where Holland is better given any role. The only thing Holland has on Castle, IMO, is raw athleticism but I dont think that raw athleticism is much of an actual advantage against Castle's "functional" athleticism/strength.

I don't think they'll be in the exact same role, but I was just speaking to the difference in their current roles and how that perceived. Holland was not effective as a first option and I think that's what dominates the conversation around him. I think that criticism is fair, I think would be very unlikely that he develops into that type of player at the next level. However, he does have some really good role player qualities about him. Physically, he's terrific and has the attributes to be a great defender. He plays very hard and gets a good amount of rebounds + great stocks. I also think he's a pretty good passer. We don't mention this stuff because we're busy talking about how he isn't a lead option. I wonder how differently he would be viewed if he was playing in a better situation and a more appropriate role.

Castle is in the perfect situation for his skills to shine (and his flaws to be masked). If you had them swap teams, for example, what would that look like? Just something to think about.

Dink Pate would be a MASSIVE get for the 2024 NBA Draft. Adding a top-5 prospect immediately makes it much stronger. I would consider taking him #1.

I love Castle but I would lean toward Holland. Holland was able to show some flashes of what he can do defensively in the gleague which is hard to do. Offensively I think he is going to be pretty dynamic attacking the basket. I think his middle ground could be a Corey Maggette type with better defense.
I loved watching Corey Maggette play. I just am not so sure on your assessment of Holland and Castle. I'm optimistic for both to pan out, but have more confidence in Castle.

Ron Holland's Gleague stats are comparable to Jonathan Kuminga. They're not good, but you're drafting him as an athlete who will start as a slasher and defender with potential to grow from there. Another guy who needs to prove he'll be able to shoot.

Holland in the NCAA might have looked similar to Jaylen Brown at Cal, imo.

Dink Pate would be a MASSIVE get for the 2024 NBA Draft. Adding a top-5 prospect immediately makes it much stronger. I would consider taking him #1.

He's in a tough spot. He'd need to go overseas or enter the draft. Fortunately, he can jump into this draft and go lottery.

Ron Holland's Gleague stats are comparable to Jonathan Kuminga. They're not good, but you're drafting him as an athlete who will start as a slasher and defender with potential to grow from there. Another guy who needs to prove he'll be able to shoot.

They're actually way better than Kuminga. I feel like he's getting too much flak for his G-League performance.

I think there are some players who can skip levels and be fine. A lot of these Ignite dudes just arent talented enough to do so and I'm a bit worried it's hurting their overall development.

Hope it happens but not sure he will get around the draft age rules because Ignite folded. I'm sure they'd be okay with a one time exception but it will set some precedence potentially. Worth a shot I suppose but not particularly hopeful. Will be curious what the experts think his chances are here.
No real precedence because the league is folding for good. Seems like a good one time exception. I have no clue what the chances are though. Would be in the leagues best interest to strengthen a perceived weak draft.

No real precedence because the league is folding for good. Seems like a good one time exception. I have no clue what the chances are though. Would be in the leagues best interest to strengthen a perceived weak draft.

He should be able to enter the Gleague draft and play for someone's Gleague team next year if he needs to.

Difference is Kuminga has a significantly bigger frame to play the more quasi-big man spots on the floor vs Holland who is built (and plays like) Corey Brewer.

It's not in their interest at all IMO unless Dink has some sort of lawsuit brewing he can throw at them based on the contract he signed.