What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

If Dilly/Shep fall to #8, I think there's a good chance fall into that territory of being much better prospects than everyone else available. I would have Holland is equalish prospects to them, but I know there are mixed thoughts about him. At #8, I'm taking the guy with best expected outcome period.

Also, as @Handlogten's Heros has been harping on....there are short kings everywhere in these playoffs. There's also a lot of guys who are not short kings who are not playing/played horribly. As simple as it is, the better players are finding their way on the court and making impact regardless of size. Shorter guys aren't unplayable, and taller guys aren't always playable. If a guy like Malik Monk was a free agent who magically be put on any team in the playoffs, he would find minutes and play a role.

I think it's fair to say that you ideally only want a maximum of one of these guys on the court at the same time, and that certainly has an effect on a player's value just as being a non-shooting big does. But unlike bigs, you can actually play two small guards in every situation that's not about competing for the championship. This may be bad news to some of yall, but we're not competing for a championship right now. You can play Keyonte and another small guard together and see if either actually becomes a stud. Can't really do the same for Kessler and Clingan.

I was the loudest one in the room saying that Conley-Mitchell was a problem, but at this current point it is not a problem you worry about. To this day, I will still say that the trade FOR Conley was a mistake despite how good Mike is/was....but we are not there anymore. If we found ourselves in a situation where we are worried about that, we have done a great job.

I think there are some good points here, but for me personally, and for my own personal enjoyment, I just don't want to watch more poor perimeter defenders play for my favorite team.

I would be a bit surprised if Donovan Clingan actually gets drafted in the top 5 range. IMO, he's being elevated as *probably the safest 5 in the draft* and for his performance in the NCAA tournament. He's a fit for teams that want a traditional 5, but I'm not sure he's really versatile enough to be much more than a Jakob Poeltl in the NBA. Maybe that's good enough to get picked near the top this year, but I don't think NBA teams quite think that way. I wouldn't expect him to push someone else down to us. I might, however, think that Memphis could trade back with us if they think Clingan is their guy.

Jazz offer #8 + (?) to move up to #6. Jazz likely target a wing.
I'm super interested to see where Clingan goes in the draft. The Blazers or the Grizzlies make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz would consider him.

I'm super interested to see where Clingan goes in the draft. The Blazers or the Grizzlies make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz would consider him.
Would definitely need some luck in the lottery to have a chance to get Clingan. Good player, but I'm not sure if he would be top 4 for the Jazz.

I would be very surprised if the jazz or blazers consider him. The griz make a ton of sense though. If he ends up slipping into that 9-12 range then I think he makes sense for all of those teams and that is probably his floor.

Would definitely need some luck in the lottery to have a chance to get Clingan. Good player, but I'm not sure if he would be top 4 for the Jazz.
Maybe I'm making a mistake but I have zero interest in Clingan based on who else will be on the board when we pick. I'm also not the biggest fan of Sarr. I will dig in a little more into his film if we jump up in the lottery.

I would be pretty confident in betting the Jazz dont draft Sheppard or Dillingham. Ainge's draft history is pretty clear. He likes size and if he's drafting a shorter player they have to have some combination of length, girth, and defensive tenacity (think the smallest guy he has ever drafted in the first round has been Avery Bradley, 6'3 in shoes w/ a +4'' wingspan at 180 lbs).

There will just be too options for players in the same tier that have size for Ainge to pass up on to draft Dillingham/Sheppard.

It feels like this ranking didn't get enough discussion. I know evaluations will change with workouts and the combine, but there a couple surprises. First is Cody Williams not being in the top 10. Second is Buzelis being so high. Also Dillingham and Sheppard being in the lower tier.
People love Buzelis. They see a fluid 6'10 athlete and wet themselves.

Cody Williams being out of the top 10 isnt surprising. He had a bad summer in international play and had a mediocre freshman season were he looked passive and weak.

Despite what some moronic posters who have no grip on reality think, he is very far away from contributing at the NBA level. He couldnt even contribute at the U19 level against France and Turkey. He got played off the floor against France.

The only reason I wouldnt draft Clingan at 8 is because I would angle to get Edey later in the draft by trading up. If that isnt in the cards though, Clingan at 8 is likely BPA but I would be surprised if he falls that low. Size is back.

Cody Williams being out of the top 10 isnt surprising. He had a bad summer in international play and had a mediocre freshman season were he looked passive and weak.

Despite what some moronic posters who have no grip on reality think, he is very far away from contributing at the NBA level. He couldnt even contribute at the U19 level against France and Turkey. He got played off the floor against France.
He didn't have a mediocre freshman year. Prior to getting injured mid-season he was playing way above expectations.

What makes you think that? I would say his draft record more so leans to us taking a skilled wing with good size.
He likes beefcakes with size.

Not saying he will draft Edey at 8. Saying he will try and move up to get him.

And no, his thing isnt skilled wings with size. He likes dogs w/ some combination of size/length/strength. Of course if you are drafting high in the draft you are going to target skilled wings because they are the rarest commodity and the kind of player you usually have to draft at the top to get.

People love Buzelis. They see a fluid 6'10 athlete and wet themselves.
It's very interesting to get an early sneak peak on how teams view the draft vs how we talk about the draft on here. Lots of people on here making statements on here like so and so will definitely not be available at 8 when the team rankings have them much lower.

If we go off the composite top 10 and say that we are drafting 8 and Sarr, Clingan, Buzelis, Castle, Risacher, and Topic are definitely off the board, who would you want the Jazz to take?

It's very interesting to get an early sneak peak on how teams view the draft vs how we talk about the draft on here. Lots of people on here making statements on here like so and so will definitely not be available at 8 when the team rankings have them much lower.
I think some people here really like Buzelis. I think Ferg was big on him at some point if he isnt now.

If we go off the composite top 10 and say that we are drafting 8 and Sarr, Clingan, Buzelis, Castle, Risacher, and Topic are definitely off the board, who would you want the Jazz to take?
If we can only draft within that 10, probably Holland or Knecht, but I would go Collier if we can outside the 10.