What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Buzelis is the one guy I don't want us to draft. I'm fine with the Jazz going BPA based on their analysis - there's a chance someone expected to go in the top-5 will fall to use at 8. I like Sarr (not going to be there but I can dream), Dillingham and Holland and believe the FO will like Holland for his flexibility and what he brings to the table (high ceiling, tough, good shooter and defender). I flip-flop on Castle though it would be nice to have a guard who can guard. Though Holland can probably guard a shooting guard so....
I love Buzelis. Right now I keep going back and forth between Holland and him as my favorite pick for us. He is one of those guys where his gleague shooting percentages don't match his actual skill level in my opinion. Between his size athleticism and skillset I think he is a homerun pick if he drops to us.

I love Buzelis. Right now I keep going back and forth between Holland and him as my favorite pick for us. He is one of those guys where his gleague shooting percentages don't match his actual skill level in my opinion. Between his size athleticism and skillset I think he is a homerun pick if he drops to us.
Me too, would be absolutely stoked to land

I would be very happy to have the 1st or the 4th pick in the draft. The 2nd or 3rd pick in this draft can get a GM fired.

Surprised we haven't seen people dog on Risacher because he's French or plays in the French League :p

I know this was a joke, but made me realize that I wasn't sure about this. I thought Risacher was playing on the varsity French league, correct? He's not playing on the junior French league?

If we're going to be a high draft pick team for the foreseeable future I really need to educate myself on all of these foreign leagues. I only follow the draft when we have a top 10 pick and so there are really only a handful of years I've gotten really deep in to the draft. If this becomes a regular thing then I need to be more educated.

I know this was a joke, but made me realize that I wasn't sure about this. I thought Risacher was playing on the varsity French league, correct? He's not playing on the junior French league?

Yes, he's in the French Sr league. His team also qualified for Eurocup, which is like the lesser version of Euroleague.

I'm in at aj at 29..... I think he'll be long gone though. Then trade keyonte for a pick or wing

See if this guy really measures out at close to 6'7". He's a 1st-found talent, imo. I think he's a long combo guard, like a slimmer version of Kevin Porter Jr., but with more brain cells. Potential late riser.

View: https://twitter.com/swishcultures_/status/1789021281154986448

Okay so my things I look for in a clip. Lightness on his feet, quick hips, speed, bounce, length. He as all that at a high level. Does he have touch? Does he have ability for defense? Is he competitive and coachable? If he does then he can blossom into a very good player. If he has PG skills then I would be tempted to trade (reluctantly) Keyonte George to acquire him. He could be a better long-term prospect.

Serious question is he better than Duncan Robinson? Or what does he do better than Duncan Robinson?

He can drive the ball, beat people off the dribble, elevate at the rim and also set up his mid-range jumper. I think he's like a smaller version of Mike Miller, tbh. He's a safe pick for the Jazz if the Jazz are at 8 or 9.

If there's a comp for Duncan Robinson in this draft, it would have to be Payton Sandfort.

Last edited: