What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I have been a huge fan of TSJ and wouldn't complain drafting him at 10. He has some of the IT and dawg to his game. Willing to play defense.
I had not watch any of his highlights before tonight. He does look great and I think he would fit very well on the Jazz. I wouldn’t take him at 10 but would trade up to get him with the other 2 picks if necessary.

I think I'm developing a hot take that Pelle Larsson will have a better NBA career than Baylor Scheirman
I don't think that's a hot take. Pelle is a really good overall player that embraced his role in college but could have done more if given the opportunity. I'm not a Baylor fan and expect Pelle to have the better career. He is going to be a coaches dream with is connector game and versatility to play multiple positions.

I don't think that's a hot take. Pelle is a really good overall player that embraced his role in college but could have done more if given the opportunity. I'm not a Baylor fan and expect Pelle to have the better career. He is going to be a coaches dream with is connector game and versatility to play multiple positions.
I mean almost no one has Pelle in the first round and Baylor is becoming close to a consensus top 20 guy, it's a hot take. The world doesn't revolve around your opinion

The NBA is planning on inviting 25 guys when it is now a two day draft? Feels like ESPN wants to make a story about a player getting invited and having to wait the entire time only to not be selected.

The NBA is planning on inviting 25 guys when it is now a two day draft? Feels like ESPN wants to make a story about a player getting invited and having to wait the entire time only to not be selected.
Well obviously. It’s a ratings game. Gotta fill the extra time somehow. And people eat that **** up. We could’ve avoided this had my 49ers just drafted Aaron Rogers instead of Alex Smith:confused:

Reed Sheppard is the only player in the draft worth trading up for. He’ll be at worst the 3rd best player in this draft but I don’t know who 1st or 2nd might be (there are always surprises and they tend to crop up most dramatically in weak drafts a la Gobert/Giannis in ‘13). Truly garbage draft at the top, but if you’re trading up, you go for the sure thing and he’s the surest in my mind due to having some seriously stand out attributes.

So unless you can get Shep, stand pat.

Last edited:
Reed Sheppard is the only player in the draft worth trading up for. He’ll be at worst the 3rd best player in this draft but I don’t know who 1st or 2nd might be (there are always surprises and they tend to crop up most dramatically in weak drafts a la Gobert/Giannis in ‘13). Truly garbage draft at the top, but if you’re trading up, you go for the sure thing and he’s the surest in my mind due to having some seriously stand out attributes.

Hello my old friend. You know ball. Shep is #1 on my big board.

He is not my number 1, but if you got him I don’t feel like he would fit well with Keyonte, especially with respect to defense. So, in my opinion you would need to trade Keyonte or relegate him to the 6th man

I think at this stage of team building you go for BPA/upside and figure out fit later, particularly as we are not certain Keyonte is a superstar. Imagine passing on a quality big man last year because we had Kessler (who was compared to Rudy by some)

I think at this stage of team building you go for BPA/upside and figure out fit later, particularly as we are not certain Keyonte is a superstar. Imagine passing on a quality big man last year because we had Kessler (who was compared to Rudy by some)
At the same time, BPA/upside is just as much as a crapshoot. You may think they are but then they turn out to not be in hindsight

At the same time, BPA/upside is just as much as a crapshoot. You may think they are but then they turn out to not be in hindsight

More reason to go BPA. If you’re letting fit get in the way, you’re assuming the two things go right. If that happens to be the case….well damn how terrible it must be to have two good players. Just like you can’t predict BPA, you can’t predict that the guy who “fits” will actually pan out. With no guarantees you shouldn’t let fit get in the way of taking your best shot unless the situation is very established.

Unless you want to go forward with Sexton and make him a cornerstone, the Jazz don’t have anyone on roster that should prevent any kind of player from being drafted.

More reason to go BPA. If you’re letting fit get in the way, you’re assuming the two things go right. If that happens to be the case….well damn how terrible it must be to have two good players. Just like you can’t predict BPA, you can’t predict that the guy who “fits” will actually pan out. With no guarantees you shouldn’t let fit get in the way of taking your best shot unless the situation is very established.

Unless you want to go forward with Sexton and make him a cornerstone, the Jazz don’t have anyone on roster that should prevent any kind of player from being drafted.
Basically this

Back