What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Danny Granger was 6'9" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan. Risacher is 6'10" in shoes with a negative wingspan - 6'9.5". good luck finding a flattering comparison for risacher who has a negative WS on their in shoes measurement - there simply aren't very many out there. Also, while Granger was nothing special as a vertical athlete, he was quite a bit better than Risacher's 25" standing vert and 31" max vert. Risacher's combination of lack of length and athleticism is such that it is really hard to find flattering comparisons for him because those guys struggle to compete in the league. period.
Risacher is a good athlete. Just go watch games. Again , don't overreact to testing done when he had no prep time coming off a long season

Risacher is a good athlete. Just go watch games. Again , don't overreact to testing done when he had no prep time coming off a long season
i've watched games. he's a decent athlete. 6'10" dudes don't have trouble getting on top of the rim regardless of how unathletic they are. but the length numbers don't lie. guys with poor wingspans struggle.

Holy cow Batman!!! I didn’t even know this guy existed!!! Is he in play at #10? I like what I saw in that video.
Came to Utah and didnt impress.
Possible he did but Utah is floating rumors he sucked. It’s possible, right?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZS9dJ5AwJ8

This guy encourages the Jazz trade Lauri Markkanen to Houston for Cam Whitmore, #3 pick in 2024 draft (suggests Castle), Houston's 2025 1st round pick, and the Nets 2026 1st round pick.

Not enough. I’d want Cam and 4 unprotected picks. Only way I’d trade Lauri.

Nope. Stop listening to a bunch of idiots and actually use your eyes. He isn't some crazy quick athlete but he isn't slow.

My eyes are strictly what my assessment is based on (which is the point of criticism, actually). I haven’t done a deep dive in him, he just jumps off the screen as taking too much time to load up on whatever he does whenever I watch (which is admittedly not much), which still allows for good top-end speed and leaping (which is not actually functional athleticism).

Holy cow Batman!!! I didn’t even know this guy existed!!! Is he in play at #10? I like what I saw in that video.

Possible he did but Utah is floating rumors he sucked. It’s possible, right?

Not enough. I’d want Cam and 4 unprotected picks. Only way I’d trade Lauri.
Cam (a potential star but at least a powerful microwave scorer with defensive potential) and three picks (one being top-3) is actually more or less on par with Gobert and Mitchell. It’s not bad but I somehow feel like it’s not enough. I guess I’ve convinced myself that OKC might send an insane package that might beat this.

I’m higher on Walter than consensus. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s high on Utah’s board. Also started off cool on Williams and am coming around on him. So of course he’s rocketing up the mock drafts lol. Also surprised to see Collier falling to the mid 20s in some mocks
To thread together some things @Saint Cy of JFC has talked about, Walter seems like he has some of the magic combination of attributes that might make him a Donovan Mitchell type pick (rep as an athletic hustle player with good scoring chops but just wasn’t that effective/efficient in college which might keep the trade stock lower than maybe it should be).

Danny Granger was 6'9" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan. Risacher is 6'10" in shoes with a negative wingspan - 6'9.5". good luck finding a flattering comparison for risacher who has a negative WS on their in shoes measurement - there simply aren't very many out there. Also, while Granger was nothing special as a vertical athlete, he was quite a bit better than Risacher's 25" standing vert and 31" max vert. Risacher's combination of lack of length and athleticism is such that it is really hard to find flattering comparisons for him because those guys struggle to compete in the league. period.

I'm pretty sure Lauri has a negative wingspan to his height in shoes, but even more than Risacher. Risacher is basically even, it's not really a concern.

The way I see it wingspan helps you see potential for perimeter defense and 6'8"+ is fine. Risacher was a good defender, so I'm not really concerned.

To thread together some things @Saint Cy of JFC has talked about, Walter seems like he has some of the magic combination of attributes that might make him a Donovan Mitchell type pick (rep as an athletic hustle player with good scoring chops but just wasn’t that effective/efficient in college which might keep the trade stock lower than maybe it should be).
I wouldn't describe Walter as an athletic hustle player. He's athletic, but not a freak. He played almost exclusively on the perimeter taking spot ups.

He's a guy I really wanted to like, but couldn't get there. I think he has a good floor since he can shoot and defend, but not a huge ceiling.

I wouldn't describe Walter as an athletic hustle player. He's athletic, but not a freak. He played almost exclusively on the perimeter taking spot ups.

He's a guy I really wanted to like, but couldn't get there. I think he has a good floor since he can shoot and defend, but not a huge ceiling.

One thing in his favor is that he can got to the line at a high rate. It's one of the things I saw in Keyonte as well. You'd love it if they got to the basket more, but high 3Pr and high FTr is a pretty good combo. I definitely think Walter is more in the role player mode, however.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the Holland fit to our team (if he's available at #10).

His best attributes is slashing and finishing at the rim which we currently lack.

His weakeness is 3 point shooting but we have Keyonte and Lauri to make up for that.

Also if he's picked at #10 he'll forever have that chip on his shoulder to outplay his draft position.

I have a feeling he'll be ours come draft night.

Back