What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Not sure why you are confused. Collier was ranked highly in the pre-season, so they can move him up more easily compared to the guys who are more surprising who are performing better.
you said that he was ranked #1 and are slow to change as if he'd been there are all year and they aren't basing on his play. they literally just made him #1 overall today so that is the only thing they are basing it on.

you said that he was ranked #1 and are slow to change as if he'd been there are all year and they aren't basing on his play. they literally just made him #1 overall today so that is the only thing they are basing it on.

I think he is saying that he is the highest ranked guy pre-season who is actually playing well.

No I said he was ranked highly already so moving him to 1 isnt a huge jump. Big time board who rank from pre-season arent going to make major sweeping changes after a handful of games.

Like I dont think ESPN had Topic in their top 10 before the season started. Even though he has played extremely well, they arent just going to launch him to #1, but if they were high on him pre-season and had him in the top 5, they might do that then.

I need to go down the Topic rabbit hole. Looks promising on paper at least. Only red flag is the low rebounds.

somebody with knowledge tell me whose better between Collier and Topic.

For the NBA, I'd take Topic probably. He's already playing at a pro level at 18 y.o., and his decision-making and ability to manipulate a defense are really advanced. Collier is a nice player, but he also has a physical advantage at the college level that may not fully translate to the pros. Both should be solid players, but there's a chance that Topic is a savant.

Last edited:
Topic. My biggest concern with Topic is going to be the 3 point shot.

I also like how topic doesn't have to pound the ball (dribble the air out) to be effective.

Topic. My biggest concern with Topic is going to be the 3 point shot.

I also like how topic doesn't have to pound the ball (dribble the air out) to be effective.

When Topic has the ball, he controls the game. He processes at a high speed and makes clean decisions usually. The other thing that stands out is his combination of footspeed and body control. It's almost comparable to Manu Ginobli, though Topic isn't as vertically explosive. I think the shooting will improve. He's 18 and has plenty of time to rep it out. He's also shooting 86% on ~5 FT attempts per game.

If the Jazz want a lead guard, he's a strong prospect. Then Keyonte can share possessions on the ball or lead the 2nd unit.

Like just imagine adding Dunn/Shep and our defense actually generates some turnovers and ball pressure.

I think right now that would currently be my dream realistic draft if the Jazz could acquire another pick. That or Dunn/Topic (but Topic would require lottery lucky most likely)

Last edited:
Question for @Handlogten's Heros :

Kyle Filipowski is averaging .3 more blocks per 40 minutes this year than Taylor Hendricks did last year (not to mentioned nearly double the steals)

Can we now say that Filipowski has JJJ upside?

Tristan Newton is quietly having an excellent season.

He measured 6'5 w/ a 6'7 wingspan at last year's G-League Combine.

He's going to be 23 in April, but he's averaging 18-8-6. Just had 31 against Kansas.

As the resident Hendricks homer you have to answer for the JJJ comparisons with these joke, I'm sorry.
Nah I always said those were a bit rich. I don’t see Taylor as that kind of rim presence. I think his jumper could be much more consistent but doubt he will have the mid post drive game that JJJ has.

If you want to mess with me about Kyle there are infinity posts last year where I capped on him. I haven’t watched him since his double hip surgery so not sure if he’s moving better. His jumper and his passing are the swing skills for me. I think on defense he’ll be adequate. Likely won’t change my opinion too much on him. Think he’s a third big type.

Back