What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Holland has been turning it around. He looks like a plus-athlete with a solid motor and a real talent for getting out and finishing in transition. His shot has started falling too. Holland is still probably considered a better overall prospect than Buzelis. However, it's hard to deny that Buzelis is 6'9", has ball skills and looks comfortable shooting off the dribble. What Buzelis offers is really valuable. The handle and self-creation are what the Jazz are missing. I just wonder about Buzelis' ability to really compete physically at the NBA level.
I think I might be sleeping on him a bit. In the highlights there are some really skilled moves. He is skinny and still effective. His frame looks like he will fill out. He's not fast but seems fluid. I hate white guy to white guy comps but is he kinda like Gallo?

I think I might be sleeping on him a bit. In the highlights there are some really skilled moves. He is skinny and still effective. His frame looks like he will fill out. He's not fast but seems fluid. I hate white guy to white guy comps but is he kinda like Gallo?

His white guy comp is still probably Franz Wagner, but he's not as tough on defense at this stage. Franz came out after his soph year at Michigan, though he and Matas will be similar in age at the time of the draft.

Last edited:

I've been seen a ton of Gallo this year (oddly enough) and Matas does remind me of a younger Gallo.