What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Obviously you'd rather have one than not, but if there is a year not to have one, it's this year, especially coming off a year where you drafted 3 rookies.
if the Jazz end up with no pick this year is the year not to have a pick. Also, it could mean that the Jazz are competitive and we might get to see some playoff games.

Man, what a massive fall from grace this season has been for Riley Kugel.

I thought he was a guaranteed lotto dude this year. Has been *** all year and his coach only played him 3 minutes last night and was quoted with "I just didnt think he had it tonight" as the reason.

Lost millions by not coming out last year. Had an outside chance at being a first rounder. Not sure he would get drafted anymore and would probably be relegated to a 2-way at best.

Bronny James goes 0/3 after Bronny Sr says he could play for the Lakers now.

I'm rooting for Bronny but quotes like that are going to fuel the haters.

Also Collier 4 turnovers in 23 minutes in another USC loss.

I really think Collier is Lu Dort. So very talented and worth a lottery pick, but it might take some time and he's not going to be a PG even if he wants to be.

Cody Williams returns to Colorado with a solid game in a loss.

Meanwhile Jaylon Tyson continues to dominate Pac-12 play. Cal would be borderline winless without him. Definitely a first round talent for teams looking to draft upperclassmen.

Measurements are going to be make or break for Holland. Obviously talented and extremely athletic, but he's small for a guy who can't shoot. He's probably a lock for the top 5 just based off the athleticism. I dont think his shot *looks* terrible, but it's been terrible. Even a guy as talented as Ausar (who seems like a more controlled/smarter version of Holland in many ways) has trouble because of the complete lack of shooting while being guard sized.

Definitely the guy I feel least confident about. Currently I would have him on a "Id rather not draft" list, but I could be very wrong.

My new hot take is Filipowski is top 5 in this class. I might even take him #1 overall if I had the first pick as the Jazz.

With his added defensive level he is showing this year, he could be the perfect fit next to Lauri at the 5 and someone who could also play next to Kessler. Would give the Jazz so much lineup versatility while replicating someone of what Collins can do and some of what Kelly can do.

Also think he is somewhat NBA ready. Maybe not an immediate Day 1 guy, but someone who could be rotation ready at some point his rookie season.

Also Devin Carter's production is becoming undeniable. You came for Garwey Dual but left wanting Devin Carter.

He's got the Podz elite rebounding guard quality. Quality stocks to go with it.

Only thing that would give you pause is his prior 3pt shooting seasons combined with being a 66% foul shooter.

If we can get a pick in the mid to late 1st rd I really like the fit of Matthew Cleveland. He is having himself one heck of a season and would be a great fit for our team. Both Miami wings would be really good fits with us. With this looking more like a quality role player draft it is shaping up exceptionally well for the thunder since they already that their stars.

If we can get a pick in the mid to late 1st rd I really like the fit of Matthew Cleveland. He is having himself one heck of a season and would be a great fit for our team.
Definitely on the long list of interesting upperclassmen. Low 3pt volume makes me a bit skeptical and he's always had a bad DBPM despite looking the part.