What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

IDK, I think he's a complete fraud as a shooter and I dont trust any of his numbers translating to the NBA level with shooting. He's a 2nd round guy to me.
No worries we don't have to agree. I'm a big fan of his in the late 1st.

Maybe a pick at the very top of the 2nd round has more value in this weak draft? Teams won't have to give out a normal FRP guarantee and can sign the 2nd round guys cheaper esp with the 2nd apron penalties kicking in? This gives the Jazz the option to move up easily to the 1st round if they fall in love with a prospect?

First pick in the 2nd round might have more value too if NBA adds a 2nd day to the draft?

Just thinking out loud after this Detroit trade.

Did this thread just get more relevant today?
I think it did. We traded a solid rotation guy to clear minutes for Ochai and Hendricks I assume which signals to me that we may prefer to keep our pick this year. Ochai has played much better when getting consistent minutes as a starter though so I wouldn't be shocked to see him step into Simone's minutes and play every bit as well as he did.

Typically I'd be excited to look more into a draft after realizing we'll have 1 (likely 2) more picks than expected. Even with the terribleness of NCAA bball it can be fun. But I have a feeling that looking into this draft is just going to get me depressed. I've done almost no prep into this draft, but it's Reed or bust!

Typically I'd be excited to look more into a draft after realizing we'll have 1 (likely 2) more picks than expected. Even with the terribleness of NCAA bball it can be fun. But I have a feeling that looking into this draft is just going to get me depressed. I've done almost no prep into this draft, but it's Reed or bust!
Dig right in because this draft is fun to analyze. Very little star power projection but tons of solid role player prospects. As a Utah fan I hate BYU with a passion but that wiz pick could set up nicely for Jaxson Robinson who I really like as a glue guy and still has a ton of untapped potential. You look at his skillset as well as size and athleticism and you have a player that still has quite a bit of upside in my opinion even though he is a senior.

Dig right in because this draft is fun to analyze. Very little star power projection but tons of solid role player prospects. As a Utah fan I hate BYU with a passion but that wiz pick could set up nicely for Jaxson Robinson who I really like as a glue guy and still has a ton of untapped potential. You look at his skillset as well as size and athleticism and you have a player that still has quite a bit of upside in my opinion even though he is a senior.
Too bad the moment Jax started getting draft buzz his play fell off.

I'm going to make a point to watch more Marquette games. Does anyone here have an opinion on Oso? From what I've seen he's a big with some actual handles. The 3 pt shot isn't there but there are no perfect prospects in this draft.

I still like Proctor but he holds on to the ball a little too long. That's something that Hardy can probably drill out of him though.

Better come up with a Top 10 at the point. I think Topic, Williams, Risacher, Sarr and Holland are still probably the top 5. I'm not buying in on Castle like some people have.

I need to check out Furphy, Knecht, Salaun and the UK guards.