What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

And according to Charger George is 18th in the aggregate ranking he put together, so he can't be a riser like Bilal, who was first mentioned on Jazzfanz February 16th 2023.

Based on the consensus mock here are my best selections

#10 - Dalton Knecht - I wanted a PG but there are none available. Defense would be next and I liked Castle a lot but the Jazz need another great scorer and that is Knecht.
#27 - Tyler Kolek - He could be there with the second-rounder but I like how he plays and think he could be a good starter in the league. Carrington is also a great option just not the shooter that Kolek is. If Trey Alexander is a PG he is also an option here.
#32 - PJ Hall - Ajinca is also a very good pick here that I like a lot. I went with a Guard and a Wing so I wanted a big and a big who could shoot. I see some Kevin Love in Halls game.

I know this is a very Jazz draft. but at those positions those are the players I liked the most.

alternate Picks

#10 - Castle or Salaun - I like Salaun's shooting a lot and Castle's defense but Castle's shooting makes me very nervous.
#27 - Klintman or McCain - Klintman is a do everything kind of player but hasn't yet been a master of anything. I love McCains shooting and he could have a career as a shooter. If he become a playmaker I would take him over Kolek
#32 - Ajinca or Dillon Jones - Best versatility of these players.

And according to Charger George is 18th in the aggregate ranking he put together, so he can't be a riser like Bilal, who was first mentioned on Jazzfanz February 16th 2023.
The one that had him the highest was nbadraft.net and their's was the craziest of all the draft boards.

Lol at first I was trying to figure out who charger George was.

The prospect that no one has mentioned who could be the real riser is Ulrich Chomche.

18 years old and he has a Giannis body with athleticism and a decent looking jumper.

Might be a 2 years away from being 2 years away type thing, but when I watch the film he has he looks like a legitimate athlete capable of being a NBA 5 unlike dudes like Thon Maker.

Ulrich Chomchee also has the same birthday (12/30) as Lebron James and Tiger Woods.

The competition doesn't look too good but I'd take him based off size, athleticism and already looks to be a much better dribbler than Agbaji.

No, I just watched him more. That reference to the "double-George" backcourt should be older than a week though. I've just started paying more attention to the draft after the trade deadline. Looks like the Jazz are likely to pick at #9 or #10.

A couple years ago, Dyson Daniels vaulted into the top 10. Last year, it was Bilal. This year, I'm thinking George will be a big riser.
1708614778917.png

Just to refresh your memory. Dyson was pre-season top 14.

I know you hate comps but the more I watch Kolek the more I see some Stockton in his game. He sees the floor so well. I also see it in the way he gets some steals. He also plays with a lot of moxy like stock did. Again I am not comparing him to stockton just saying that I see some of Stockton's game in him. I am about ready to hope the Jazz get him at 26 or so.

I would also like to find out if he really is 6'3". I would guess closer to 6'1" but that was stocktons height. He 3pt shot is so quick he can get that off in the NBA and some of his shots are Curry range.

Zach Edey would be a very interesting option in the 27-33 range. His stats (and size) are again amazing and he is so dominant on both sides within about 6 feet of the hoop, but offers absolutely nothing further away offensively or defensively. In that draft range, most players never develop. At least he has a solid niche that translates as long as he is surrounded by shooters. It would clog the middle for drives when he is in the game, but picks in that range usually aren't playing 30 minutes a game either and at least should have an NBA roll.

Zach Edey would be a very interesting option in the 27-33 range. His stats (and size) are again amazing and he is so dominant on both sides within about 6 feet of the hoop, but offers absolutely nothing further away offensively or defensively. In that draft range, most players never develop. At least he has a solid niche that translates as long as he is surrounded by shooters. It would clog the middle for drives when he is in the game, but picks in that range usually aren't playing 30 minutes a game either and at least should have an NBA roll.
I wouldn't be mad at it. Id rather get Chomche or Yang in that range, but Edey is a safer pick who should be able to contribute immediate NBA minutes.