Holland
Buzelis
Dillingham
Walter
Filipowski
Sheppard
Knecht
Salaun

After that it is all over the board even some of the above slipping. If the Jazz draft.at 9 or 10 they will get a good pick.

Collier
Furphy
Smith
Chomche
Missi

Could all move up too.

Holland, Buzelis and Knecht should all be comfortably top 10, imo.
I think Walter drops a bit...like Keyonte last year. There are a few question marks there, including defense and consistency.
Dillingham is a top-10 talent, but needs a team fit--someone looking for a small score-first guard.
Filipowski likely goes late lottery. His range should probably be 12 - 16. Lack of rim presence likely holds him back a bit, imo.
Sheppard's range should probably be 9 - 15. Furphy likely goes a few picks after Sheppard.
I think both Salaun and Tyler Smith are lottery-level talents, but it's eye-of-the-beholder. Smith could drop to the late teens possibly.
Chomche looks like a developmental pick whose range should likely be 16 - 25.
Missi is a guy who likely goes in the 20s simply due to perceived positional value.

Collier and Castle are wildcards, imo. Both should go in the teens, but someone may have to drop.
Another wildcard is Kyshawn George, but that guy needs to get with a personal trainer and look more athletic in his workouts.

Last edited:
Payton Sandfort needs to be discussed for the 2nd/3rd picks. Dude has been filthy this year.

Could he be the next Duncan Robinson? A lot of similiarities.

Collin Murray-Boyles (former Utah HS player) had 15-11-4 blocks on 5 shots.

Should definitely stay another year or two. More of a 2/3/4 year guy, but definitely someone to keep an eye on as a future Draymond Green type of player.

Sandfort also had the first triple double in Iowa history against Penn State a few days ago, so he has the auxiliary skills necessary to impact the game outside of just hitting shots like Duncan Robinson developed later in his Miami career after he stalled out when teams figured him out as a shooter.

Damn Stephon Castle is going to be a beast. This draft is starting to look loaded in the 6-15 range.

Risacher
Sarr
Cody Williams
Topic
Buzelis
Knecht
Castle
Sheppard
Holland
Collier
Furphy
Dillingham
Salaun
Walter
Tyler Smith
Flip
Cam Christie

That's 17 players right there that I wouldn't mind taking at 9 or 10. I have my favorites but wouldn't hate any of those guys.

I would be happy to get some role players out of this draft.

I want shooting first. No more players who can't shoot.

Second I want defense. We need a stopper. 3/D players are some of the most sought after arch types in the NBA. I really like Dunn but see #1.

3rd I want passing. No more ball stoppers. When everyone can move the ball it opens up easier shots.

Tell me who fits these 3 things?

I would be happy to get some role players out of this draft.

I want shooting first. No more players who can't shoot.

Second I want defense. We need a stopper. 3/D players are some of the most sought after arch types in the NBA. I really like Dunn but see #1.

3rd I want passing. No more ball stoppers. When everyone can move the ball it opens up easier shots.

Tell me who fits these 3 things?

Tidjane Salaun would replace what Fontecchio gave us in terms of shooting, versatile defense, ball movement, and movement away from the ball. Otherwise: Risacher, Williams, Sheppard, Buzelis (assuming the shooting comes around), Knecht (though the defense isn't lockdown), and maybe Furphy (he'll at least try on defense.). Stephon Castle will defend and move the ball, but he's not showing confidence from deep range at this point. Kyshawn George is a dark horse here if your expectation is 3D. He's also a plus-passer.

Also, take a swing on Chomche.

Last edited:
Damn Stephon Castle is going to be a beast. This draft is starting to look loaded in the 6-15 range.

Risacher
Sarr
Cody Williams
Topic
Buzelis
Knecht
Castle
Sheppard
Holland
Collier
Furphy
Dillingham
Salaun
Walter
Tyler Smith
Flip
Cam Christie

That's 17 players right there that I wouldn't mind taking at 9 or 10. I have my favorites but wouldn't hate any of those guys.
A lot of underwhelming names. Names that I like, but no one I'm too excited to put into the lottery and that's before some inevitably decide to return to school.

Tidjane Salaun would replace what Fontecchio gave us in terms of shooting, versatile defense, ball movement, and movement away from the ball. Otherwise: Risacher, Williams, Sheppard, Buzelis (assuming the shooting comes around), Knecht (though the defense isn't lockdown), and maybe Furphy (he'll at least try on defense.). Stephon Castle will defend and move the ball, but he's not showing confidence from deep range at this point. Kyshawn George is a dark horse here if your expectation is 3D. He's also a plus-passer.

Also, take a swing on Chomche.
I'm definitely interested in Salaun, but man, he also kind of sucks outside of 3pt shooting.

Always wary of 6'9 athletic long players who average .22 blocks per game.

Even in the U18 games, the kid averaged .1 blocks per game in 24 mpg over 7 games. That's against people he should have an extreme athletic and size advantage over.

So all the **** you are saying about versatile defense, ball movement, and movement away form the ball ehhhhhhhhh. The only thing I would confidently project out of him is spot up shooting and making an athletic dunk around the rim here and there.

A lot of underwhelming names. Names that I like, but no one I'm too excited to put into the lottery and that's before some inevitably decide to return to school.
Once again you are wrong. There are tons to be excited about that crop of players and I don't see any of them heading back to school.

And some prospects always return to school. It's inevitable. NIL money is strong and some guys just arent ready to make the leap. To act so confidently that you know no one is going back is foolish.