What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Heh, I'm at the University of Arizona game and the crowd is booing Bronny every time he gets the ball.

I just watched one game, but I saw Arizona treat him like a 3rd or 4th defensive priority and he scored on some open shots. Once he hit 11 points early in the second half, Arizona decided to prioritize him and he never scored again.

I figured OK, Arizona may be able to just do that because they are good defensively. Then I looked at Bronny's stats for the last two games. A "prospect" should be able to be held scoreless over multiple stretches at the whim of the other team. Especially someone as small and "athletic" as Bronny.

I just watched one game, but I saw Arizona treat him like a 3rd or 4th defensive priority and he scored on some open shots. Once he hit 11 points early in the second half, Arizona decided to prioritize him and he never scored again.

I figured OK, Arizona may be able to just do that because they are good defensively. Then I looked at Bronny's stats for the last two games. A "prospect" should be able to be held scoreless over multiple stretches at the whim of the other team. Especially someone as small and "athletic" as Bronny.
I can pull up several Donovan Mitchell games from his Freshman year were he did the same.

He wouldnt be this talked about without his dad, but he is certainly a prospect. To act like he isnt is you just be a contrarian because you feel some kind of need to balance out a certain group of people who overhype him. You arent someone who knows draft prospects so it's cute you're jumping on just to hate on a 19 year old kid who is playing his first season of college basketball after a near death experience.

Really dont understand this need from losers such as yourself to go out of their way to **** on the dude. He's shown great flashes. He's a high IQ combo guard who plays defense. Give him time and stop being a clown.

This draft isnt strong, the back end of the first round will be teams taking what's leftover from the ready now upperclassmen, severely disappointing freshman (think Justin Edwards), and pre-drafting long shots who decided to come out because the weak class gives them a shot to earn a guaranteed deal.

With what Bronny James has shown I would find it perfectly reasonable if a team wanted to pre-draft him at the back end of the first round.

Bronny has struggled in a few games but that isn't surprising since he is a freshman and also missed a ton of time because of his heart. He doesn't project as a star but he more so as a very good role player and him struggling hasn't changed that opinion at all.