What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I'm intrigued by Kyshawn George. He's got a good handle and good shooting touch for a long guard/wing. He also has a nice defensive presence that should make him solid enough positionally. He's not an explosive athlete, but he's pretty fluid, has decent IQ and moves efficiently having years of experience playing in Europe. I'm not sure he'll make it to our later picks though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVLFU1BL9dc&t=133s

Definitely very interesting and one of the guys I could easily see declaring early or staying. He'd probably be better off staying another year imo

Kind of crazy that Knecht might be my pick for #1 overall.

I wonder what Danny could actually get for the #1 pick this year. No team is going to have the cajones to draft Knecht in the top 5 probably (with the exception of maybe Memphis). I would be thrilled to get #1 and trade down to get Knecht.

I think Danny got two first out of the trade down in the FUltz/Tatum draft.

Seems like the floor the Jazz can get to is 9th.

They are currently one game ahead of Houston and one and half in front of Atlanta.

After that it's a cluster of Brooklyn/Toronto/Memphis and I dont see the Jazz out tanking any of those teams even though Brooklyn doesnt even own their own pick. Outside shot you get below Brooklyn if they really try down teh stretch as everyone else doesnt.

Seems like the floor the Jazz can get to is 9th.

They are currently one game ahead of Houston and one and half in front of Atlanta.

After that it's a cluster of Brooklyn/Toronto/Memphis and I dont see the Jazz out tanking any of those teams even though Brooklyn doesnt even own their own pick. Outside shot you get below Brooklyn if they really try down teh stretch as everyone else doesnt.
Is that the floor or the ceiling? I kid. Yeah the #9 spot is the goal, but we have to get there. Imagine being slotted 10th and having someone jump into the top 4.

I am super in on Risacher and Williams and really hope we can jump into the top 4 now. I'm in on the idea of those guys at least. I have not watched outside of highlights.

Is that the floor or the ceiling? I kid. Yeah the #9 spot is the goal, but we have to get there. Imagine being slotted 10th and having someone jump into the top 4.

I am super in on Risacher and Williams and really hope we can jump into the top 4 now. I'm in on the idea of those guys at least. I have not watched outside of highlights.

I'm talking myself into Buzelis as a facilitator for the Jazz, something they need. He might be available in the 6 - 9 range. I might also be willing to draft Kyshawn George as high as #10.

I still think the prize of this draft should be Topic.

Kind of crazy that Knecht might be my pick for #1 overall.

I wonder what Danny could actually get for the #1 pick this year. No team is going to have the cajones to draft Knecht in the top 5 probably (with the exception of maybe Memphis). I would be thrilled to get #1 and trade down to get Knecht.

I think Danny got two first out of the trade down in the FUltz/Tatum draft.
I like Knecht as well but he is likely available at 9 or 10 if we were picking there. I wouldn’t want to trade down from 1 that far.

I'm talking myself into Buzelis as a facilitator for the Jazz, something they need. He might be available in the 6 - 9 range. I might also be willing to draft Kyshawn George as high as #10.

I still have no idea how you see this.

He's not even a connector, much less a facilitator.

Topic is my #1 prospect as well

I still have no idea how you see this.

He's not even a connector, much less a facilitator.

He has the ability to be a facilitator. He's used to being 'the guy' offensively, but that isn't all going to translate to the next level. His handle and passing at his size is really what makes him unique as a player at this level. And I think there are some Mike Dunleavy comps floating around out there.

He has the ability to be a facilitator. He's used to being 'the guy' offensively, but that isn't all going to translate to the next level. His handle and passing at his size is really what makes him unique as a player at this level. And I think there are some Mike Dunleavy comps floating around out there.
I mean, pretty much every top 100 guy is use to being "the guy" offensively, doesnt mean they can be a NBA facilitator.

I'll agree he's got a nice handle for his size, but I'm not seeing anything I'd call a facilitator.

Been thinking about the discussion about brandon Ingram might be available and they would probably want Kessler. If the jazz have had discussions this way. I wouldn't be surprised if they look at center in this draft. There are some serious center contributors in this draft.

Obviously Sarr is the star of this draft as he could allow a team to play 5 out eventually.

Missi is super fluid and could be a nice player. Won't spread the floor but is an amazing rim runner.

Clingan s a lot like Kessler in what he offers. Might even be a step up.

I know CY doesn't like him but Ware has been playing better. Might even be ae to stretch the floor some.

I liked Comche for 2025 but he could declare this year.

Ighodaro is intersting also

The giant Edey is there early second also

The croation Ivisivic could be a nice late get too

Bona is also solid second choice.

PJ Hall would be a fun one to watch also

There are some center options next year.

He'll just looked and there are bunch more

Almansa
Bradshaw - he could be a steal in the second round
Holmes
Brazile
Baba Miller maybe

Completely missed Filipowski